No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Tulane Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We played so poorly the first 13 minutes of the second half. JB didn't have a good game overall
    but made some big plays on offense the last 7 minutes. ES with a quick five points when we
    really needed it. RT with a horrible atomic bomb but made some shots/plays tonight and a couple
    inadvisable drives. JE was very soft on D tonight but made some big plays on offense. We were
    pretty fortunate to win tonight although I think we would have won in OT. Need to win the next 2 !

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      WIDE open in the post several times.

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    Gregg had 'em prepared for this one didn't he.
    Worth requoting from Mr. Premature -- so what do you think: did he at least have them prepared for the final play? This time, the coach coached, and the player DID (for once) make the play.

Obviously a very disappointing performance, but in the end it came out right and although no style points were awarded (and certainly none were earned), it doesn't matter. Just curious -- were you on the Duke board snarking at Coach K after that 71-10 licking they put on Wake Forest earlier this week at Cameron Indoor?

Comment

• I thought we might calll the redbird play for Dennis

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, they couldn't call Creighton's play from St. Louis, because they didn't have 1.8, and they sure weren't going to get a break from the clock operator once the refs decided to put back time.

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      3G just said how he told the team games would be getting easier down the stretch...huh.
      So he took 'em for a walk down Bourbon Street right before the game...

Comment

• Glad they won in spite of playing the type of D not worthy of post-season play. It's a good thing that isn't their normal type defensive performance or they wold be sitting where Tulane's sitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          Every buzzer beater made this season was by a player in his home town. How cool is that?

What a wild season. On to Memphis!
          Then Rod's on deck.

Comment

Every buzzer beater made this season was by a player in his home town. How cool is that?

Are you predicting some heroics for Rod Brown in the AAC Tournament?

Comment

• ShockerPhi
              ShockerPhi commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have the prophetic powers of Doc, but mark it down and let's see what happens...

• Did something happen to AM? He doesn't move from the bench during the celebration

Comment

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              Was that a joke at AM or are you being serious?

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              That is odd, he just sits there with his hands on his head. Seems completely out of character.

• Steeleshocker
              Steeleshocker commented
              Editing a comment
              He knew it was good.

• He was celebrating during the initial celebration. Maybe he's just winded. I don't think it's anything serious as nobody else is tending to him.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• #3 on Top10.

Comment

Except DD is from Baker, LA, about 90 miles from New Orleans. That would be like saying someone from Salina hit the game winning shot for his hometown.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True, but it's close enough for government work, '79. Besides, from what I was able to see of the stands tonight, he probably had more people there rooting for him than anyone else on either team.

• Comment

• Seriously Tulane needs to be in the Sun Belt or MVC

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They're definitely an outlier in the American -- small, private, high-end academics; kind of like Vanderbilt in the SEC (or Tulane in the SEC, for that matter, as they actually were many years ago). The "big city" aspect of New Orleans matches the AAC's self-defined profile, but there are urban schools in the Sun Belt as well (although none that are private, I don't think).

At least in the AAC, Tulane is sort of a match for SMU and Tulsa, although probably the most notable academically of the three. Ultimately, though, they're just kind of an outlier in general in athletics, regardless of conference. They've been good in football, good in basketball, and good in baseball, but they don't have much consistent history in either football or basketball; and it would be a little surprising for them ever to build a consistently successful program "at this level."

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  In this highlight Asbjorn runs out with the team to congratulate Dex. On his way back looks like his kid of holding his forehead. Possible he took a hit the melee of the celebration. Might explain why he sat on the bench during the handshake line.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    Glad they won in spite of playing the type of D not worthy of post-season play. It's a good thing that isn't their normal type defensive performance or they wold be sitting where Tulane's sitting.
                    Agree totally. Absolutely the worst defense I have seen from this team in a long time.. The shocks better get their sht together because they can lose East Carolina. I am glad we won but I am disgusted.

Comment

Working...
                    X