Wichita State at Tulane Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State at Tulane Pregame

Line Movements for Shockers vs Green Wave provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Shockers open as 9.5+ Point Favorites

the shockers cannot afford to trip up here. i'd like to see asbjorn and echenique on the floor at the same time.. important last game of the regular season.. throw the kitchen sink at them. bring mcduffie in from the wing. burton must bully his way. torres needs to hit a three.. today.

Comment

Here's my sketch to put on the clipboard tonight:

With a few of these too...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Asbjorn, Dexter and Jamarius are the three guys running the team right now. If Jamie could stop all the tricky tack fouling I would lump him in this group but he’s just not on the floor enough. We need this group of three or four to continue being leaders and for SHJ and MM to fall into their secondary roles and everything will be just fine. The seniors can still have big scoring games as secondary players, just stop forcing things and trust the team.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Outside of fouling I would add Erik to this group. He has really been passing the ball well lately and it doesn't stick in his hands.

• asiseeit
          asiseeit commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree that ES belongs in the leadership group. When he gets the ball he is always
          viewing the court and finding the right pass to make. He may not score but he facilitates,
          plays smart, and rebounds. He will be a scorer himself next year but right now he has
          been satisfied with getting the ball to the right people. I would like his first couple shots
          to be drives or pull up short jumpers - high % shots to build his confidence.

• proshox
          proshox commented
          Editing a comment
          I love Erik but his defense has been next to awful

I am so proud of this team. After starting 1-6, we have gone 8-2 (with a solid chance at 9-2 tonight). A win tonight would give us our second four game winning streak of the year, which is a great time to be winning. We will then have a realistic chance to go 1-1 in the AAC tourney, with a possibility to go 2-1. What a great showing when the team could have just gone through the motions after the 1-6 start.

Comment

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          ^This. We knew this would be a tough year. I had the unrealistic impression they would hit 20 wins in the regular season. Had they not coughed up a couple of big leads to include choking in the Temple game, well, maybe they would have hit 20. But yeah, they are really starting to put it together now.

• shock-it-to-me
          shock-it-to-me commented
          Editing a comment
          If we could go back and play those first 7 games with the team that’s played the last 10, I wonder what our record would be?

If it takes Markis 10 shots to get his 20, we win. If it takes him 19 to get his 20, maybe not.

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d rather have the Markis that takes 8-10 shots and ends up with 14-18 points

Get er done! We win!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We need to continue to build momentum going into the AAC tournament and winning today on the road is a must. This team needs some real confidence and tonight will go a long way to reinforce that. I just hope this isn't one of those games where they come in over confident and lay an egg and hopefully the youngsters will recognize it without having MM or SHJ telling them.

Comment

The guys should be all charged up to continue winning and hopefully will come out smoking hot.

Comment

VooDoo = 69
              WuDoo = 78

Go Shockers!!!

:very_drunk: :devilish::yahoo:

Comment

Obviously priority 1 is to get a win in any way shape or form. However, priority 2 would be to play well. Hopefully, better than we did against ECU at home. Let's get geared up for the AAC Tournament on a high note.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  If it takes Markis 10 shots to get his 20, we win. If it takes him 19 to get his 20, maybe not.
                  Points per shot attempt: For reference, the average over all of D-1 basketball is 1.256

pointspershot.png
                  Last edited by im4wsu; March 9, 2019, 11:30 AM.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You would expect the big guys to be near the top of the lest since they usually are taking the highest percentage shots. Is this total points (including free throws made) divided by total FG attempts?

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For the year stat in current conference standing:

Houston 1.286
                    Cincy 1.245
                    UCF 1.372
                    Temple 1.243
                    Memphis 1.310
                    WSU 1.134
                    USF 1.308
                    Tulsa 1.352
                    UConn 1.231
                    SMU 1.205
                    ECU 1.161
                    Tulane 1.168

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes 1972Shocker

So am I reading this right that we are the worst shooting team in the conference, at least according to this metric?

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You could also extrapolate that we shoot more 2 pointers and get more rebounds since we are middle tier on record.

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                  So am I reading this right that we are the worst shooting team in the conference, at least according to this metric?
                  That's the way I read it.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

On the defensive side, pts per FGA, WSU is third lowest

ptsperdef.png

Comment

Working...
                    X