Shocker Perseverance Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Perseverance Award

If their was such a Shocker Perseverance Award I think it would come down to Samajae and Asbjorn.

Here is a great article on Asbjorn by Sully where the big guy give\ing Samajae kudos for helping him to stay positive and to persevere.

Samajae's trip from where he was at the end of last year to the end of this year is quite admirable regardless of what you think of his game. As far as Asbjorn goes when's the last time a player's songbook has morphed from a slightly off key melody to a sweet tune to the extent that Asbjorn's has.

Kudos to both of these young men.

I vote to make it a shared award this year.

Actually, the entire team has had persevere through some tough times this year. Kudos to all the guys.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2019, 03:48 PM.

Asbjorn seems to be rounding in to a formidable presence. Next thing you know he'll start picking up Shaquille's 'You're too big fouls'. lol

Comment

Asbjørn has improved exponentially throughout the season. I shudder to think what he accomplishes during the off-season and next year. It’s a two-headed monster as of yet, but Poor Bear and Morris will give us a four-headed beast, unlike anything we’ve see up to now. I am SO stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman View Post
        Asbjørn has improved exponentially throughout the season. I shudder to think what he accomplishes during the off-season and next year. It’s a two-headed monster as of yet, but Poor Bear and Morris will give us a four-headed beast, unlike anything we’ve see up to now. I am SO stoked.
        Shocks could justify their #23 ranking in recruiting coming into this season after all. Time will tell.

Comment

Asbjorn has been doing great. I’m anxious to see how his play translates against the upper tier teams if we get another shot at them in Memphis. Luckily for us that we likely play UCF, which is a good matchup for him.

Comment

Big men who can move around the perimeter, and shoot from the outside give him more problems. Those big men who are predominantly back to the basket big men give him less problems. Cincy's big man can move but he isn't as effective away from the basket except to set screens. Brady at Houston is also mainly an inside player but I think they may have another who plays differently.

Comment

I can't help but wonder what comments would look like if Mo hadn't gotten injured. AM was buried on the bench the first half of the year, playing only mop up minutes and with few chances to prove himself in real game action. He drew the ire of HCGM (and many SNers) many times for just one mistake, when everyone else out there was making plenty. Once he got a chance to play extended minutes, AM proved he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Asbjorn has been doing great. I’m anxious to see how his play translates against the upper tier teams if we get another shot at them in Memphis. Luckily for us that we likely play UCF, which is a good matchup for him.
                wasn't UCF his coming out party to a degree?

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

wasn't UCF his coming out party to a degree?
                  Sully seemed to think so. From his article on Asbjorn:

Midtgaard's game and confidence bloomed after the UCF game. The Shockers continued to get him the ball in good places that allowed him to score without needing to dribble. He developed a chemistry with guard Ricky Torres on the pick and roll. Hustle made him a dangerous offensive rebounder and put him in position for shots after running the floor and using his size to move defenders.
                  Perhaps one of the best things an athlete can gain is confidence as long as it is not a false confidence.

Comment

yes, he is probably the best matchup against Tacko Fall in the AAC and a big reason we won that game.

Comment

Working...
                    X