X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrshock
    Originally posted by BA2929
    Originally posted by goshocks
    why cant we just move too channel 12 permanently?

I think they should just let all the local stations bid on it, then just pipe the radio through for the play by play. I'm sure many people would rather listen to Mike than some hack. (Note: This isn't referring to Bruce or Craig. I think they do a fine job for only doing it part time)
    Could be an interesting twist. KAKE used to have the contract, but I really don't think most of us on here want to listen to Dave Phillips and the other guy do games. That wouldn't be good.

I hope JS is working on a better TV deal. When is this current deal up?

When KAKE did it, they had their own production truck, IIRC. They still do to my knowledge. KWCH doesn't, so that is why they deal with Metro Sports in KC.

And to answer about the camera on the scoreboard, there is always a camera pointing at the clock, they don't have a hard wire into the game clock to put on tv, at least I don't think so. And this new angle was supposed to be better for games, but I just don't see it yet.
    Ch. 22 is a KAKE channel, but they don't handle the game, Cox Communications does and that's why they brought in Metro Sports.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

re:

The LSU game is now available in the Freezone section of Cox OnDemand.

Comment

It sucks cause we have Dish so we don't get channel 22...

Comment

Shocks TV Announcers

It is time to replace "Brent" Heardl. He is pathetic with keeping up with the players names. Craig is okay, he would a be better color guy with a real play by play man. I really get tired of hearing Bruce. There is no variety in his play calling. Too many stupid cliques. Baseball, not basketball was his game. He really should stick to Channel 12 Sports which he does a decent job at.

Comment

Cry some more. Do you people not watch games on the U and E360 and see how bad it can be? Bruce and Craig are very, VERY watchable compared to some ( a lot ) of the hacks out there.

If you don't like it, listen to 1330.

If you don't like that, go to the game and stop your whining.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              Cry some more. Do you people not watch games on the U and E360 and see how bad it can be? Bruce and Craig are very, VERY watchable compared to some ( a lot ) of the hacks out there.

Actually, I just wish Bruce could get the player's names right. I understand national broadcasters screwing names up, but the local broadcasters should know how to pronouce the players names. The Shockers do not have a Ryan Clemente on the team. After 4 years (plus the redshirt year) he still screws PJ's name up about half the time. Worse than Curt Gowdy when he got old and Bruce is not old yet.

Comment

I don't know why everybody rags on Haertl. If you think about he's did alot for this city in sports coverage. Shocker B-ball wasn't being televised until Haertl and Ch 12 stepped up. Sports talk was dead in this city until Haertl and Lutz stepped up. Sunday night sports show wouldn't be around if not for Haertl.

I think we should appreciate what we have and be thankful instead of trying to tear stuff down. Let me be the first - Thanks Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeShox
                  Originally posted by Rosewood

Actually, I just wish Bruce could get the player's names right. I understand national broadcasters screwing names up, but the local broadcasters should know how to pronouce the players names. The Shockers do not have a Ryan Clemente on the team. After 4 years (plus the redshirt year) he still screws PJ's name up about half the time. Worse than Curt Gowdy when he got old and Bruce is not old yet.
                  Harry Caray started messing player's names up after his stroke, but with the stroke at least he had a good reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X