No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs ECU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun game to behold. Watching this team develop has been real. On to Tulane which can't be taken lightly. Then the AAC tourney to make some noise and let folk know that even under all the adversity and rebuilding beyond what we expected, the Shocks are still scratching and clawing, and will be even better next Season IMO. Wishing Duff and SHJ warm wishes for their bright future and I'm sure glad they stayed around and didn't bail out this Season.

As for our squad returning, when you add TA, our new recruits, and who knows what else 3G has up his sleeve, we will be right up knocking on the door of the top half of our AAC IMO. Here goes the eternal optimist tendencies in me when it comes to our beloved Shocks. The Shocks are capable Now of beating Any team in the AAC. Not sure though how many of them we can defeat in a row, but soon we will see what happens. Playing in the NIT would be kewl, followed by an overseas series this summer would be wise if possible.

Now for the 'what if" syndrome. What if LS and Austin would have stayed, and TA would have been cleared to play this Season. It's fruitless to think in those terms other to realize that with a real strong finish yet this Season, we can hang our hat on that we are finer than a frog hair, not needing to pull hens teeth, considering the events that transpired. Marshall made the best of several unexpected events, and here we are, and away we go to positive steps forward. Even in a Season of massive rebuilding, The Shocks are, and always will be, my favorite team in all sports and it isn't even close.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Not a thing of beauty by any means but all that counts is the guys picked up an expected and needed win. I have to give ECU some credit for continuing to battle even though they were out-manned and down big. Anyway priority #1 achieved -- a win. I was hoping to see the team perhaps show some signs of moving towards the next level with a total team effort and team basketball. There was some of that, especially early in the 2nd half but it wasn't consistent. 14 assists on 25 baskets isn't bad but we can do better. 7 turnovers is very good.

Thanks to Markis and Samajae for their contributions as Shockers and best of luck to them in whatever the future holds for them. That said there is still work to do and we know Markis and Samajae can play better than they did last night. Hoping they are ready to close out their senior years on a high and hopefully Dexter, Jamarius and Asbjorn continue with their much improved play with perhaps a few other guy joining the party.

Winning 8 of 10 has to have done wonders for the confidence of this team.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
X