Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should teams with a conference record below .500 be considered for an at large bid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you claim to be the best team in America if you can't even finish in the top half of your conference?

The Power 5 will also rightly claim that the quality of ball played is better than the OVC.

The solution then becomes to award bids based upon the strength of the conference.

Take the conference winner for every conference then let the conferences decide which schools to send. Any conference wants to send the teams that it feels will help them grow and become more profitable.

So here is the solution

All conference champions get an invite 32 Bids

The best conference as determined by the committee gets 5 addititional
    The 2nd and 3rd get 4 additional
    The 4th -6th get 3 additional
    The 7th -10th get 2 additional
    11th-14th get 1 additional

This makes 66 of the 68 bids accounted for.

The last 2 are for the committee to assign in case there is some outliers

The only thing the committee has to decide is conference rankings who the extra 2 are and the seeding of the teams.

This would greatly increase the scheduling among the smaller conferences as they would want to get to that 14th position or if in that to try and raise to the next level. It would also eliminate some of the big conference bias and their refusal to play some of these teams on a neutral court since they would have to in the tournament.

This does punish some of the conferences where the bottom half is terrible, but should entice them to try and improve the overall product

Comment

• WSU and Reds Fan
      WSU and Reds Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      If they win the tourney they will sure claim to be

• B1ShockFan
      B1ShockFan commented
      Editing a comment
      I would hate to see any committee rate the conferences, would have to be some kind of transparent formula.

• WSU and Reds Fan
      WSU and Reds Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Right now the committee rates the individual schools, but I surely would have no problem with a transparent way to rank conferences

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Your right, Uconn was terrible in their conference. But I thought they won their conference tournament. Still I think the shocks should have been in the NCAA. Also is this the year that Barry at Missouri State got screwed ?

I think they won the MVC regular season but lost the MVC tournament and got the automatic bid to the NIT. The blueblood powers on the committee wanted to teach him a lesson fior being outspoken about how unfair the system was. I could have my facts wrong but I think that is what happened.
    It is. God**** Snowflakes.

#CantTrustIt

Comment

Working...
    X