Senior Night vs ECU Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Night vs ECU Pregame

We get to watch the last home game of Markis McDuffie and Samajae Haynes-Jones.

Catch it Tuesday, March 5th on CBSSN at 8 PM.

KenPom Prediction: Wichita State 75-61.

Line Movements for Shockers vs Pirates provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Shockers open as 14.5+ point favorites.

Comment

Can we do Senior Night before the game so us old Farts can get home before Midnight ?

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Not gonna happen. A loss to Evansville on senior night put an end to before-game senior night ceremonies. Coach Marshall said the seniors were emotional and crying before the game and played like it. The term "Evansvilled" was derived from that game.

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        WstateU I am worried about getting Evansvilled here. ECU has pushed some teams. However, we dont have as much on the line as when we got Evansvilled. That year turned out pretty good all things considered. Maybe getting Evansvilled isn't that bad.

Seems Evansville may have figured in another home loss that sent us to the NIT a year or two before. That Lutz to HCGM's chagrin referred to as the worst loss in program history or something to that effect.

I am assuming Kellen will also be recognized

Comment

Tomorrow, I will be a long time fan who appreciates our Seniors and what they’ve given to our beloved Shockers. I’m witnessing here on Shockernet either some simple minded, old fans with bad memories who have forgotten the 90’s, or perhaps they are young, spoiled fans who don’t recognize our history or how fortunate they are to be living in an ERA that only has been equaled or arguably surpassed no less than 60 years ago when Ralph Miller was in Wichita.

Either way if you fit in either category, you should just do our team a favor and stay home. Our Seniors deserve nothing less than our best tomorrow for their last home memory. Hopefully, you fit in neither category and then I’ll see you at Koch Arena.

Comment

Jolly Roger = 69
          Long John WuShock = 81

Go Shockers!!!

:yahoo: :pirate: :GB_bonesrock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Tomorrow, I will be a long time fan who appreciates our Seniors and what they’ve given to our beloved Shockers. I’m witnessing here on Shockernet either some simple minded, old fans with bad memories who have forgotten the 90’s, or perhaps they are young, spoiled fans who don’t recognize our history or how fortunate they are to be living in an ERA that only has been equaled or arguably surpassed no less than 60 years ago when Ralph Miller was in Wichita.

Either way if you fit in either category, you should just do our team a favor and stay home. Our Seniors deserve nothing less than our best tomorrow for their last home memory. Hopefully, you fit in neither category and then I’ll see you at Koch Arena.
            Random post. Not sure what half of that meant.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Random post. Not sure what half of that meant.
              Here, i will translate for you with the help of Bilbo Baggins:

Comment

:poster_shocks: And I would certainly never tell someone to stay home because of the way they support the Shocks. I hope for a FULL HOUSE and I hope we can finally have a great game from everyone, including the seniors. I reserve the right to cheer and boo as I see the game played. :yahoo: again, :poster_shocks:

Comment

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This was all about supporting the Seniors. The statement was for all who remember the HISTORY of the Shockers to support the Seniors and be thankful for all that they have done for the Shockers. You may not realize it, but between, 1985 and 2005, 1965 and 1980, and before 1955 the Shockers were irrelevant to the world. If you are not thankful for the past 10-12 years, you are very short sighted and probably very young.

Both of our playing Seniors were highly recruited and could have gone to places like Louisville, Cincinnatti, Boston College, etc. They didn't have to come to Wichita Kansas. They deserve all of our support and people should remain to support them even though it will be very late. If you are not willing to do this, I will say again, that you should stay home.

I have 1 ticket available for anyone that wants it. Lemme know. Free

Comment

Shox by a lot.
                  Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

I personally wish to thank Markis McDuffie and Samajae Haynes-Jones for their unwavering dedication that they have provided to Wichita State University, to all the members of their team, including all of their coaches, teammates, and to the vast numbers of Shocker fans who support the Shockers and all of their players.

As seniors this year, they were placed in a very difficult role which very few past Shocker seniors have ever faced with the vast number of their teammates being Freshmen or others with no previous Div 1 experience.

Never did they waver, nor did they ever avoid the difficult role that was demanded of them and placed on their backs.

Thank you Markis and Samajae for your outstanding play and superb dedication throughout your career as a Shocker.

Wishing you both the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Comment

Working...
                    X