Memphis Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis Tickets

We are going to Memphis for the AAC tournament, but did not want to spring for all session passes since we only will go to the games the Shockers are in, and it was hard to say a couple months ago whether we would play more than one game in Memphis.

So we will be buying tickets there session by session. Anyone know the scoop on tickets in Memphis? What I am seeing on Stubhub, Vividseats, etc, are all showing UPS deliver of physical tickets, but not necessarily immediate, which seems questionable. I knew how it all worked in STL with the scalpers and local ticket promotions for the Valley, but am not sure how this will work now. Anyone have some knowledge? Thanks.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Yeah, I’m curious too. I will be in Memphis (unrelated to tournament...just convenient circumstances) and am hoping to go to Thursday and (presumably) Friday games. I’m hopeful to find dirt cheap seats since we should be playing in the opposite side of the bracket from Memphis.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by WuShock16; March 4, 2019, 09:18 AM.
    78-65

Comment

Scalpers. Been going to these tournaments well over a decade and I always buy single games off the streets. If that’s not your cup of tea, buy them at the arena box office on game day.

Comment

Are there any local regs in Memphis about scalpers to be aware of?
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tickets will be easy to get from the FedEx ticket office either on gameday or the day before. I've been to Memphis for 2 Cusa tourneys and 1 AAC tournament with no problems at all getting single game tix. If you want to maybe get a cheaper deal, scalpers will be everywhere off the FedEx premises--across the street, etc. For the 2014 Louisville v. UConn finals I bought 2 tickets for $30 total which had a face value of $40 each. They were cheap because the game only drew about 12,000 and scalpers were losing money.

You might want to print out a FedEx seating chart to see where the seats are before you buy on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by memphisfan View Post
            Tickets will be easy to get from the FedEx ticket office either on gameday or the day before. I've been to Memphis for 2 Cusa tourneys and 1 AAC tournament with no problems at all getting single game tix. If you want to maybe get a cheaper deal, scalpers will be everywhere off the FedEx premises--across the street, etc. For the 2014 Louisville v. UConn finals I bought 2 tickets for $30 total which had a face value of $40 each. They were cheap because the game only drew about 12,000 and scalpers were losing money.

You might want to print out a FedEx seating chart to see where the seats are before you buy on the street.
            Thank you for the info! Anything in particular to know or be wary of with scalpers, or is it pretty much scalper practices as usual?

Comment

I've never had any problem with scalpers and never heard of any. Every event at the forum has always had scalpers around. They're an institution. With luck you'll have them low-bidding each other to get your business. But again, the ticket office should have plenty of tickets. Of course you should check the ticket office prices and availability before buying from scalpers to get a deal. I believe the first session games are general admission, all for the same price.

Comment

Looks like session 1 and 2 of Thursday are all GA or court side for $25 or $50. Does that sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
                  Looks like session 1 and 2 of Thursday are all GA or court side for $25 or $50. Does that sound right?

Comment

Confirmed it. Got session 2 tickets for $25 each and added parking pass for $20. Friday’s games are sold by seat assignment.

Comment

• mattdalt
                      mattdalt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From whom did you get your tickets and parking pass.?

Off FedExForum webpage

Comment

Northern Iowa...I still get nightmares playing that man... Say what you want... Man has my respect... loyal... Beat on Wichita State from time to time... Dude can coach

Comment

Based on the tournament last year, Thursday tickets are GA.

Comment

Got ours off Fedex Forum Tickets too. $25.00/ea + usual Ticket master service charge. All GA, unless you want to sit court side.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

StubHub has some deals. I got section 114 row U for 10 each

Comment

Working...
                            X