Future KenPom Predictions for Potential Conf. Tournament Matchups:

vs. East Carolina: Wichita State by 10
    vs. Temple: Temple by 3
    vs. Cincinnati: Cincinnati by 10
    vs. UCF: UCF by 9
    @ Memphis: Memphis by 7
    vs. Houston: Houston by 14

Comment

We should be a Shoe-in to win our 1st game and a Shoe-in to lose our 2nd.

Anyone dreaming of us running the table better hope that someone knocks off Houston before we have to play them.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        You think we are a shoe-in to lose to Temple?

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      We should be a Shoe-in to win our 1st game and a Shoe-in to lose our 2nd.

Anyone dreaming of us running the table better hope that someone knocks off Houston before we have to play them.
      60Shock do you truly believe the Shocks cannot beat Temple? IMO this is the best second round match up the Shockers could have in the tournament; best route possible if the Shockers are going to play in the tournament finals.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going into the tournament with this attitude:

Lose to ECU: Epic Fail!
        Lose to Temple: Disappointed but understanding
        Beat Temple: Success, anything more is gravy so long as loss doesn't come from a lower seed who also made a run...
        78-65

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, i’m expecting to watch the Shox play 2 games and will be thrilled if they play 3.

After ECU, the Shox need to play like the team with nothing to lose.

Edit: some of our players already play this way, so I should probably clarify what that means.

I think Dexter needs to take more shots. JB needs to stay aggressive and drive the ball. ES should take a 3 early and it it bricks, maybe try again early in the 2nd half. SHJ can shoot with more than 20 seconds on the shot clock only if he is wide open from the corner, and drive the basket if the defense pushes the offense out. MM, well I dont care if he shoots a lot, but try and limit the twisting guarded fall aways until less than 10 seconds on the shot clock.

I know that it can sound reckless, but I think our mindset needs to be volume shooting and focus on getting the bigs in position to rebound before the shot goes up, crash the boards big time.

Lots of subbing, lots of subbing.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
        X