X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN College GameDay at Houston - March 2, 2019

http://theamerican.org/news/2019/2/2...-showdown.aspx

"02.23.19
    PROVIDENCE, R.I. – ESPN announced this morning that College GameDay Covered by State Farm will be live from Houston, Texas and the Fertitta Center next Saturday, March 2, for a pivotal American Athletic Conference men’s basketball matchup.

The American preseason favorite UCF Knights go head-to-head with the league-leading No. 9/8 Houston Cougars at 4 p.m. ET, on ESPN.

The GameDay crew of Rece Davis, Jay Bilas, Seth Greenberg and Jay Williams will originate live from Houston’s newly renovated arena at 11 a.m., ET, on ESPN. Davis, Bilas and Maria Taylor will call the game...."Houston

Congratulations Houston!!!

:yahoo::bball_spin:
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 23, 2019, 07:28 PM.

Amazing how they get them....and we never could.

Comment

Nice. I had a lot of fun when they came to Koch Arena. Good exposure for them and the conference. Happy for them.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

"How Houston launched a college basketball renaissance" - ESPN

By Sam Khan Jr., ESPN Staff Writer
      Posted: 02/01/19

"HOUSTON -- It was April 2014 when Kelvin Sampson accepted the job that had devoured numerous coaches before him.

The depths to which the University of Houston Cougars basketball program had fallen from its glory days in the mid-1980s, the Phi Slama Jama era, were well-chronicled. Sampson thought he knew what he was getting into. Then he walked into Hofheinz Pavilion for the first time.

As he looked around the Cougars' 45-year-old basketball facility and saw the tiny locker room, the ancient seats and the low lighting that made the place resemble a dungeon, the difficulty of the task before him became apparent.

"That's when I realized nobody cared about basketball," Sampson said. "I couldn't believe how bad it was.

"Just the amenities, the concession stands, the bathrooms. ... We're in 2014. You walk around this place and think you're in the 1980s.

...The Cougars, who host College GameDay on Saturday ahead of their American Athletic Conference clash with UCF (4 p.m. ET, ESPN), are in the top 10 for the first time since 1984 and have a realistic shot at reaching a place they haven't been since Hakeem Olajuwon was on campus: the Final Four...."

Comment

Working...
      X