Opinions on McDuffie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on McDuffie

There has been a lot of debate around whether McDuffie is great or not, so let's see where how you guys feel.
    Great player who deserves the ball in his hands at all times.
    17.78%
    Great player who needs to pass more and take better shots.
    35.56%
    Good player who needs to pass more and take better shots
    37.78%
    Good player that needs to pass more and is not a good leader.
    8.89%
    Ok player that hogs the ball too much.
    0%

I think there are a lot more nuanced opinions on Markis than you can capture in a 5-option poll.

In my opinion Markis is a very good player who found himself in a very difficult situation as a senior and perhaps forced into a role that he has handled pretty well but perhaps includes some demands that do not totally fit with his temperament, skill set and experience. Overall he has exceeded my expectations this year but no he is not perfect and I don't think I can elevate him to great players status.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I think there are a lot more nuanced opinions on Markis than you can capture in a 5-option poll.

In my opinion Markis is a very good player who found himself in a very difficult situation as a senior and perhaps forced into a role that he has handled pretty well but perhaps includes some demands that do not totally fit with his temperament, skill set and experience. Overall he has exceeded my expectations this year but no he is not perfect and I don't think I can elevate him to great players status.
      I totally agree...IF I was to add a column, it would read....Really good player in a sidekick role.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Ernest Hemingway could not have said it better.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• shoxlax
            shoxlax commented
            Editing a comment
            Bad weather always brings out the best in you!

If only there were a multipage thread on McDuffie where people could express their opinions.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            My opinion is this thread sucks, lacks leadership and is underwhelming and we should defer more to other threads.

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            Your personal relationships with everybody in the athletic department hinders a lot of objective analysis from you Doc.

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Yet somehow your hate and childish behavior (at times) gives your analysis some kind of super laser focus? Intriguing.

who had a better career at Wichita State...Toure or Duff

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Duff will likely be 1st team all conference in a better conference than Toure played in. Hard to argue with that. Only downside was his Jr year

Let’s not forget, a lot of u in here complaining about Mcduffie probably wouldn’t last a minute or two on the court. This young man is one of GGG’s best players. So tell me this, if Mcduffie wasn’t on this team what would our record be? I know we’d have more L’s!

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            Well yeah... Most of us on here don't play in the American conference... Most play for/at the YMCA

The bottom line this year is, if Markis doesn't get his, the team probably loses the game.

Markis taking contested shots is more a failure of the team not getting him open than it is Markis taking a contested shot. If you look at Markis' best games this year, 75% of his shots were contested.

If you watch the games, the cracks in defenses that let players be open normally occur when our PG has the ball. By the time Markis gets the ball, the matchup zone has rotated and the sliver of an opening has closed.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Markis is this teams MVP, running away...by a factor of X10! !

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
              who had a better career at Wichita State...Toure or Duff
              Both had very good careers...maybe even excellent. Although I wish Markis would surpass Toure's NBA career, I sense he won't. Come on Markis, prove me wrong and let me buy Shockem a steak!!!

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Markis has a chance to get to the NBA, if that happens, it won't take much to surpass Toure's NBA career. He's a much better shooter than Toure, which is a skill coveted in the NBA. He can be a tall dude that just hangs around the wing. Lots of guys like that in the NBA.

Better than average shooter. Good defender when he applies himself.

Comment

What position would you see Marcus playing in the NBA? Does he have the body?

Comment

The NBA is trending more to a perimeter game. They seem to value players who are tall and long and whose skills can shoot from the perimeter. If they can shoot well, they will tend to tolerate other shortcomings. Markis would be much better off if he is bigger and stronger. He would also benefit from developing better handles. However, on the good side, MM can play very good defense and that will be a benefit to him. But the top value still goes to "shooting" capabilities first and foremost.

Comment

Remember, MM's still a calf... once he becomes an adult bull, katy bar the door!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X