Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State @ Tulsa Pre-Game Thread

Wednesday at 8 PM on ESPNU.

Wichita State 12-12 (5-7) @ Tulsa 16-10 (6-7)

This game means a lot for our seeding in the conference tourney.

Wichita State is 1-7 on the road.
    Tulsa is 12-2 at home.

KenPom Prediction: Tulsa 72-67 (66%)

I didn’t expect we would win Sunday. I don’t exactly expect we’ll win this game either but it’s more of a toss up. A loss wouldn’t be the end of the world but a win would be HUGE for the rest of the season.

Comment

My wife and I are headed down tomorrow to see the game. Tulsa plays pretty well at home. It will take a solid effort to beat them on their home court, but I am counting on the Shox to do just that. Go Shocks!
      Go Shocks!

Comment

This is a key game to try to finish >= .500 in conference.

Comment

Close loss. Shockers not mentally tough enough, yet, for 40 full minutes.

And unfortunately, their 20 good minutes doesn't get 'em a big lead, if any lead at all.

Comment

I’ll be there. Looks like availability of tickets is way up this year. I paid $10 on StubHub (after fees).

Comment

It would probably stick in Gregg's craw to lose to Haith who is the definition of journeyman...

Comment

WSU 98 Tu 78
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It's a winnable game but will require reversal of the trend of playing and shooting poorly on the road.

Comment

I want to go to the NIT. I want a home game in the NIT. Gotta win this one to do that.

Comment

Line Movements for Golden Hurricane vs Shockers provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Tulsa opens up as 4.5+ points favorite.

Comment

I look for us to go 9-9 in the league, which means 2 more losses, probably at Tulsa and at SMU. If we lose at home to either Memphis or UConn, then we'll have to try to get one back at SMU.

Comment

Erik Stephenson comes out sporting a new pair and goes off for a career high 27 points to help the Shockers WIN on the ROAD!!!!!!
                        Go Erik!!!! Go Shockers!!!! Let's GET THIS!!!!!!!

ES Glasses copy.jpg
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Don't know about the glasses but I have a hunch our guards are going to bounce back. SHJ,
                          JB and ES all have above average games. We win 74-69 but ES only scores 17 and SHJ 15

Comment

My brother and myself heading down tomorrow afternoon. Anybody having dinner and drinks before the game? Any suggestions? Went last year. Great atmosphere with shocker nation. I think we will get the W 70 to 65.

Comment

Working...
                            X