No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to point out the situations when one our big guys set picks for SHJ. Does he not know what to do when this happens? I watch him over and over again totally ignore the fact that someone is setting a pick for him. He moves back and forth about 4 feet behind the screener, easily allowing his defender to stay with him. Then when he finally decides to go one way or the other, he doesn’t even come close to using the screener to rub off the defender. It’s head scratching at this point with his basketball experience.

Comment

• Seriously. We played awful. And were about 5 or 6 plays away from winning a game against a team that doesn't lose at home.

If we shoot.... 35%?? We win?

Our defense is fine.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
        GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
        Editing a comment
        There are just too many second shot opportunities and too many wide open looks for opponents to say that the defense is "fine." They are sure better, but they are not fine.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I would like to point out the situations when one our big guys set picks for SHJ. Does he not know what to do when this happens? I watch him over and over again totally ignore the fact that someone is setting a pick for him. He moves back and forth about 4 feet behind the screener, easily allowing his defender to stay with him. Then when he finally decides to go one way or the other, he doesn’t even come close to using the screener to rub off the defender. It’s head scratching at this point with his basketball experience.
      JUCO.

Again, I'm not sure what's going on at practice.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I keep thinking Erick is a shooter, and he keeps showing me that he is not.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          He’s been watching Jones too much... king of the air-ball.

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Shooter, yes. Maker, not so much.

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        I like Ricky but not sure what he was doing today. He lost the ball several times simply dribbling with no one within 5 feet.
        that was really strange, wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Our defense is fine.
          Coach Marshall would disagree. He just said this week that the defense is not very good, and it not going to get fixed this year. There are weaknesses That cannot be his and they are are getting exploited by WSU opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Coach Marshall would disagree. He just said this week that the defense is not very good, and it not going to get fixed this year. There are weaknesses That cannot be his and they are are getting exploited by WSU opponents.
            It's flawed, but was and has been good enough to win.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Cincy is talented, but more than that, they are very experienced. Someone mentioned that they only lose Jenifer, but Broome is a senior as well as the possibility of losing Cumberland, too.

Freshmen on Cincy makes up 5.9% of their total minutes this year. Freshmen on WSU make up 45.9%.

Cincy's upperclassmen make up 69.2% of their total minutes and WSU's make up 50.5%. However, Cincy's upperclassmen came into this season with 12 years of D-I experience. WSU's had only 4 years of D-I experience.

Overall, Cincy had 15 years and WSU 5 years of D-I experience.....and you all know how many previous minutes SHJ and AM had last year. The rest is all MM.

Cincy has been ranked this year and our Shocks took them to two 10 point difference games. The one at home had some real questionable calls (at best) that kept that game from being closer and possibly a win for WSU.

Comment

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                Cincinnati is good... But we beat ourselves both games this year... You could say last year as well...

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear what you’re saying, but we did beat them in Cincinnati last year. The home loss giving them the championship was a killer... not sure we fully recovered from that loss.

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

It's flawed, but was and has been good enough to win.
              WSU is a flawed team. They sometime have enough offense to win, sometime they have enough defense to win. But they do not have enough O or D to win against Quadrant 1 teams (0-7).

Comment

• My goals for this season:

1. finish above .500 in conference and overall
                2. See mcduffie make it into the nba

if we do those two things I’ll be alright.

Comment

• There were some good things that happened today, like AM playing a solid game. Unfortunately, there were far too many bad things that continue to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    My goals for this season:

1. finish above .500 in conference and overall
                    2. See mcduffie make it into the nba

if we do those two things I’ll be alright.
                    I want a CollegeInsider.com postseason invite so we can pay 50K to enter the tournament. You have to bloom where you're planted, right?

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NCAA, NIT or nothing.

• The wonderful run we just went on started by getting to tournaments less than the NIT/NCAA. I see nothing wrong with this team getting more experience in a lesser tournament, likely against teams of a similar caliber.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• AndShock
                      AndShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We’re in a different place now. A home game against Wofford is not going to get us worthwhile experience when we’ve just gone through a slate of @ Cincy, @ Houston, @ UConn, etc. If the games are really going to be that worthwhile then we can just buy those same opponents next year and actually have the games contribute to a resume.

• 1979Shocker
                      1979Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, we don't want to have to play a team like Marshall.

• My goals: 17 W's and win the post season tournament. We just have to find a way to give our
                    centers some support. NIT would be nice if we can't do that. If we can't do that I am fully behind
                    one of the lesser tournaments for a couple more home games and much needed experience.

Comment

• Do the CBI and College Insider even exist anymore? I'm pretty sure major schools don't participate in those things if they are still around. We won't be either.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• wusphlash
                        wusphlash commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They may not exist. I doubt they were making any money.
                    Working...
                    X