Wichita State at Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He's the absolute worst at trying to get trash points but NEVER gets accounted for it.
    It trchnically wasn't trash time yet, which is why it didn't go in. We coulda cut the lead to 5, I think. But..... no
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Good for Dexter getting the Double Double. Covered the spread at least. What happened to SHJ. He had put together a good streak of games, but now the last 3 he's been getting worse, with today possibly being the bottom.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s SHJ in a nutshell

• We were 12 point dogs, we lost by 10. Pretty much what was expected.

27% shooting versus 35%.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Box score for the Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from February 17, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

7-28 for the Seniors

Comment

• Maizerunner08
          Maizerunner08 commented
          Editing a comment
          0% chance of winning

• I have to say, I was impressed with DD, JB (mostly), and the Bigs today. Saw something to look forward to in the future.

I was not impressed with the lack of hustle back on Defense at times, especially with the Seniors.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          12-43 for others, 27.9%. Clearly the difference!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockCrazy
            ShockCrazy commented
            Editing a comment
            Not only that, but they are the players who took the most shots. They SHOULD shoot a lower percentage than the rest. They are the point of focus for the other team, and their gravity should create space for the others to knockdown shots at a higher clip... And barring Dex the rest of the team was abysmal.

• Our transition D is some of the worst of the Marshall era

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Our transition D is some of the worst of the Marshall era
            Our transition offense is decidedly worse than the transition defense. 3G needs to go to coaching school to learn how to get the refs to not call obvious fouls on the good guys.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Maizerunner08
              Maizerunner08 commented
              Editing a comment
              Transition O is bad too, however I feel like even some of the better squads struggled in that area as well

• Would still like to see Poor Bear get some minutes at the 4. Maybe it's just beyond him at this point in his career.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• All in all I liked the fact that we keep playing hard and trying to do the right things. IPC and DD played good. We have some good young talent. Mitguard played decent and continues to help the team doing the things he’s capable of. Few more pieces for next yr plus Teddy and I think we could be upper half of the American. Take the silly turnovers and bad shots away and this is a down to the wire game

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Our big guys, by and large, have played okay.
                Yes they did. They all had their moments. As coach would say a 3headed monster. Perimeter play was not so good. I think you guys nailed it with your critiques of their play. I

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                  All in all I liked the fact that we keep playing hard and trying to do the right things. IPC and DD played good. We have some good young talent. Mitguard played decent and continues to help the team doing the things he’s capable of. Few more pieces for next yr plus Teddy and I think we could be upper half of the American. Take the silly turnovers and bad shots away and this is a down to the wire game
                  Agree.

Comment

• Don’t know if it was isolated but the pass to MM in the lane that was picked off MM just stood there and made some motion with his hand but made NO effort to get down court. The bugs played well tonight. DD late offense decent D. Seemed as if JB took a step back

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He was telling the passer where the ball was supposed to go...

• Eliminate the 4 or 5 unguarded 3’s by Cumberland and the 9 minutes with 4 points at the end of the 1st half and it’s a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                      All in all I liked the fact that we keep playing hard and trying to do the right things. IPC and DD played good. We have some good young talent. Mitguard played decent and continues to help the team doing the things he’s capable of. Few more pieces for next yr plus Teddy and I think we could be upper half of the American. Take the silly turnovers and bad shots away and this is a down to the wire game
                      There is actually a decent chance we can finish upper half of the American this year

Comment

Working...
                      X