ShockerNet Is Changing Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerNet Is Changing Hands

Well, gang, it has been a fun couple of years for me being at the helm of "the pulse of Shocker Nation", but the time has come for me to step aside. Due to the commitments of a young family and a bit heavier load of duties at work, I have decided to pass the torch on to the very capable hands of ShockerNet member _kai_.

In the couple of weeks that he and I have been working out the details of the transfer, I am very confident that ShockerNet will thrive and grow under his leadership. Many of you are already familiar with his work on the ShockerHoops site, and he does have plans for how that site and SN can be great compliments to one another. His background with message board management, plus his zeal for Shocker athletics promises to push our little neck of the digital woods to great new heights. This is already a great place, and it will only get better.

With new leadership, there will of course be changes and some things will be different, as my tenure was different than that of my predecessor, RoyalShock. I will leave it to _kai_ to outline those things as he wishes, but I do know one noticeable item that will be changing is the software that runs ShockerNet. An update has been sorely needed, but rest assured that he has a transition plan in place that will keep the posts for as far back as we currently have and will be a very easy transition for all our current users. We hope that the timing of this, being just before the start of our busy men's basketball season, will serve well for SN's new look and functionality.

So, thank you all for making ShockerNet what it really has become - the pulse of Shocker Nation. I know for many, especially those who live outside the city, state, and even nation, SN has been a place to stay connected to fellow Shockers. It has been an honor to have spent the last two years as proprietor, and I'll see you around the boards here hopefully for many, many years to come.

ShockBand
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

The THANKS all goes to you!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Thanks SB, you've done a great job of running the site. This thread is all about you, I will wait to give my plan in another thread. Thanks again, SB.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

That's a shame. You have kept this place in tiptop shape, ShockBand. I'll be sad to seeing you go as the admin. However, keeping up with the family and job is priority and understandable.

Thanks for all that you've done to continue making this a great board.

See ya around.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Great work ShockBand. Many thanks and, of course, don't be a stranger.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Well, thank you SB!

And good luck _kai_
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Thanks Shock Band you did a great job (as did Royal before you).

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new Shockernet overlords.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Unsticky to clean up the forum a bit?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Like Royal, you did a tremendous job. Best wishes to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                    X