Burton vs Lomax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton vs Lomax

I just want to point this out (and no, the 3FG% for Lomax is not a typo).

Code:
    [COLOR=#696969][FONT=courier new]      Burton    Lomax
    MPG    23.9      22.8
    PPG     6.0       5.9
    RPG     3.6       3.7
    APG     2.8       2.9
    SPG     0.4       1.3
    TO      2.0       2.2
    FG%    44.3      36.1
    3FG%   33.3       5.6
    FT%    71.4      72.5[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Other than steals, Burton has shown to be at least an equivalent player to Lomax. It's interesting, given the difference in recruiting rankings and the bigger role Burton has had to play for WSU than Lomax at Memphis. Burton has also risen to the starting lineup while Lomax started there and now comes off the bench.
    Last edited by RoyalShock; February 6, 2019, 05:52 PM.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I just want to point this out (and no, the 3FG% for Lomax is not a typo).

Code:
    [FONT=courier new] Burton Lomax
    MPG 23.9 22.8
    PPG 6.0 5.9
    RPG 3.6 3.7
    APG 2.8 2.9
    SPG 0.4 1.3
    TO 2.0 2.2
    FG% 44.3 36.1
    3FG% 33.3 5.6
    FT% 71.4 72.5[/FONT]
    Other than steals, Burton has shown to be at least an equivalent player to Lomax. It's interesting, given the difference in recruiting rankings and the bigger role Burton has had to play for WSU than Lomax at Memphis. Burton has also risen to the starting lineup while Lomax started there and now comes off the bench.
    Burton also has about 4" on Lomax which helps on defense

Comment

Damn. I had been planning on doing this topic for quite awhile.

That’s whatvI get for waiting around! I’m glad it was on somebody else’s mind as well though.
      The Assman

Comment

First of all, it's halfway through their freshman year. Secondly, there's no way to know for sure how good Lomax would have been under Marshall. Burton looks like a four-year starter at this point, though.

Comment

All else held equal, from a size perspective there’s no comparison. Lomax is a little dude; Burton is a man.

Comment

Guys & Gals...you can't compare...sorry. We have no idea what Lomax would be today under GGG and cast. I get we want to make it look like it was no big deal Lomas stayed home, because the stats, under Penny, doesn't set our hair on fire...but we will never know.

Comment

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely 100% accurate.

• wusphlash
              wusphlash commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh sure, you cut Lomax slack but throw me on the fire.

We have some sort of idea how Lomax would be under GM. For example, we know that 3pt % would still be below 6%. Sheesh.

Comment

No we don’t know for sure but this may be another example where the recruiting rankings aren’t all that people think. In JB’s case, his ranking wasn’t even close to the Top 125 Ranking of Lomax and by the way, I’m not trying to smack Lomax for staying home. JB may have a lot of ceiling left too if he develops a consistently good outside shot.

Comment

JBs ranking was lowered because he was injured didn't key time frames

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  No we don’t know for sure but this may be another example where the recruiting rankings aren’t all that people think. In JB’s case, his ranking wasn’t even close to the Top 125 Ranking of Lomax and by the way, I’m not trying to smack Lomax for staying home. JB may have a lot of ceiling left too if he develops a consistently good outside shot.
                  Flomax got a lot of extra attention playing for Penny's team. Inflated recruiting stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    JBs ranking was lowered because he was injured didn't key time frames
                    Probably or at least, maybe. We don’t know what the ratings would have been had JB not had an injury interrupt his career. As NCAA bound says, Lomax was playing on the #1 ranked high school team for a former All NBAer with multiple other highly recruited star. Lots of pub while not as much for JB. My point wasn’t to say that Rivals was right or wrong. Mainly I was pointing it out for anyone who over emphasizes the ranking services. They certainly aren’t the be all end all.

Comment

I was as disappointed as anyone that Lomax didn't show up in Wichita. And to say that Marshall is a better coach and teacher than Penny is to say that the sky is blue, or that it's windy in Kansas. So Lomax's disappointing start to his career doesn't necessarily indicate how he'd have played here, although I agree that it's tough to rationalize his 1-18 shooting from three under any circumstances.

Having said all that, based on what we've seen so far, if I had the opportunity to trade Burton for Lomax straight up, there isn't a snowball's chance in Hades that I'd do it. Sometimes things just work out differently than expected, and sometimes that also turns out to be a blessing in disguise. We may be seeing a bit of that here.

Comment

JB has his head up at all times when he has the ball. I really like that in a PG. With his size the sky is the limit if he continues to work on his skills.

He gets away with a lot of carries fwiw.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

When Jamarius starts finishing consistently at the rim we'll be happy with who we got.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            He gets away with a lot of carries fwiw.
                            Man you said it. Especially the high left underscoop half crossover he does now and then....I can't believe they don't call that. At least 2 times this game alone. I realize they've eased the carry rule in execution, but especially for a taller PG it looks really bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X