No announcement yet.

Tulsa @ WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m in restaurant and can’t look through all the posts, but what’s the word on AM?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      3G said that Asbjorn says he is okay but tomorrow will tell the tale.

• 27 and 7 is a great effort by Markis but I thought this was truly a team effort.

It struck me that one of the freshmen hit the floor in the NW corner and both Markis and Samajae ran over to pick him up. I read that as a good thing.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      That was Stevenson on the floor.

• Burton is starting to get confidence on 3s. That is HUGE to our offense.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      This can’t be overstated... if RT would find his range, we’ll be cooking with Crisco.

• Was really surprised Tulsa stayed in that match-up zone in the final minutes when we had the lead. And glad to see the Shockers work the clock and not chuck it up there. Bad coaching on Tulsa's part I thought. Practically gave us the game.... or I should say didn't give Tulsa a fighting chance. Thanks Coach Haith. 'Preciate that. :)
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        rjl not sure if you are the one putting these in the threads from game to game, but much appreciated.

• Well done team! On to ECU!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Just got home from the game, I thought they all played better, thought MM had his best game of the year, SHJ seems to be playing a bit better and not trying all those circus shots and forced late in the clock shots. Still question the seniors, MM on the radio said he is trying to become the leader but then talked about putting up more points, leaders need to do a lot more than put up their points. But overall I did see much better team work all the way around and hope this continues. This was a good TEAM win.

Comment

• How do the Shocks win games? They had 7 less turnovers, 5 more assists, 7 more rb, and even though Tulsa shot 7 more throws than us, our beloved Shocks made 1 more than they did. MM indeed played solid and ES and DD combined for 7 steals. The Shocks also got in a funk in the 2nd half, and I think we were around 8 down. Soon we settled down and got on a very nice run of their own. Runs? It reminds me when little Johnny asked his teacher if she heard about the elephant in town that had the runs? Of course she had not heard of it. Then he said "Teach, I'm surprised because it is all over town." TMI, TMI.

The Shocks have some winnable games to finish out the AAC on a positive note, and hopefully will be ready to play their best this Season in the AAC tourney. MM 27 points and 7 rebounds was epic. I was the one who wondered if the AAC, knowing that he already was averaging over 18 points a game, would focus on Duff to the point that his average would reduce a trifle. There I go again.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha, havent heard that “Little Johnny” joke; might have to start a PG Rated Little Johnny thread in the future. :)

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          How do the Shocks win games? They had 7 less turnovers, 5 more assists, 7 more rb, and even though Tulsa shot 7 more throws than us, our beloved Shocks made 1 more than they did. MM indeed played solid and ES and DD combined for 7 steals. The Shocks also got in a funk in the 2nd half, and I think we were around 8 down. Soon we settled down and got on a very nice run of their own. Runs? It reminds me when little Johnny asked his teacher if she heard about the elephant in town that had the runs? Of course she had not heard of it. Then he said "Teach, I'm surprised because it is all over town." TMI, TMI.

The Shocks have some winnable games to finish out the AAC on a positive note, and hopefully will be ready to play their best this Season in the AAC tourney. MM 27 points and 7 rebounds was epic. I was the one who wondered if the AAC, knowing that he already was averaging over 18 points a game, would focus on Duff to the point that his average would reduce a trifle. There I go again.
          We are getting LARGE contributions from non seniors. This opens things up for McDuffie a bit

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, he is a great supporting cast member. His stats may look like he’s the star but he puts up the best stats as a secondary player

• MM can be spastic, but holy poo can you imagine where we’d be this year without his offensive production?

”Hide yo wife... hide yo keedz...”

Comment

• From a growth perspective, it's really good for an elite player to go through a tough patch with younger guys, so that he can see that he ALONE isn't the reason why he has had such a successful career up until that point. Unless you're FVV, then I guess you ARE the reason, but I digress. Anyway, I think this season will really help Markis mature, and I hope he finishes this season out super strong!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Great follow up game to the SMU game. Burton,Stevenson,and Dennis played there best game collectively, which gives us a glimpse into the future. Markus great game. SHJ not so much, Echenigue very good second half. Team didn’t panic and showed poise down the stretch and is learning what rebounding and limiting turnovers will do for you. Fun to watch and I’m sure the team is enjoying seeing there hard work pay off.

Comment

• ^Burton really is coming into his own recently.

The list of scolly kids looking like they might not make next year has shrunk, IMO. There’s one frosh that’s obvious, and one juco junior that makes me wonder, but otherwise?

Comment

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One true frosh and one not true frosh

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment

• That first 10 minutes of the 2nd half was not good. The other 30 worked.

Jamie was great late, and I mean GREAT. I heard his mother was really sick (getting better) and added to the painful foot made Wednesday's game a little rough. He settled in late today and was borderline dominant the last 10 minutes. Need more of that from him....he has a lot of upside still.

Stevenson and Burton were outstanding. Those 2 get it. JB fighting for boards, Erik getting what seemed like EVERY loose ball, those 2 are fun to watch and are starting to play like winners.

At some point some of you have to give Markis his due. Dude's been trying to carry this team and has done an admirable job, even though he's basically the sole focus of the other team. He was also fantastic today on both ends.

Awful shot, but a huge make by SHJ out of the timeout to get us started and then the guys heated up Tulsa and were just great the last 10 minutes of the game. The intensity was as good as we've seen in a long time and it paid off. Another entertaining game. Proud of these guys today!

Comment

• Kennedy said Frank Haith was livid with DD's breakaway dunk at the end lol. Have a tissue
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• wusphlash
                    wusphlash commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Both teams were still competing at that point. Dexter got the steal and took it to the rack. Frankly, I would have been really upset with Dexter had he stopped to check the clock.

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tulsa was still trying to score, I had no problem with Dex putting a couple more points on the board

• SB Shock
                    SB Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As long as a team is still trying, then never take your foot off their throat. Bury them! Plus it helps our net.
                Working...
                X