8. Brown was really bad on both ends
    9. I like the dance team
    10. F Jank
    Crowd? 85-9?

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
      SHOCKvalue commented
      Editing a comment
      85%-90% capacity, Iā€™d guess he was saying.

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      8500? 9000?

• Hope IPBC gets it together soon. We could have really used him tonight at the 4 and/or 5. Quicker, mobile, and more athletic.

Comment

• Woodrow
      Woodrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw him on the bench cheering enthusiastically and supporting the guys, He doesn't seem to be down about not playing.

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      And that's a big plus. Don't want to lose him.

• SMU with ZERO bench points. Trying to remember if Iā€™ve ever seen that before.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      They really only play 7 and they were short one of them tonight.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      They said they only had 8 available players last night

• Enjoyed this game a lot. Lots of positive performances to build on. Letā€™s kick Tulsaā€™s ass and make a lot of noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Still drunk and listening to the post game. Someone is pointing out what I did twelve games
      ago and that is RT does NOT square up on his shots. AM is good when his team mates find him.
      SHJ, DD and MM need to look inside more !
      Rickyā€™s shot may not be efficient for modern basketball but take a look at Bill Sharmanā€™s set shot (one of the greatest set shots in the game back then) or Bob Couseyā€™s. Back then (50s)it was common for shooters to have their shooting foot forward in front of their left foot (opposite for left handlers). That is more of a set shot which takes longer to set up. I havenā€™t watched how far his right foot is in front of his left but BALANCE is the key. A good shooter has balance and then his (if right hander) right hand and elbow are in a straight line at his right eye. As I said most modern shooters have gone to a jump shot but their right foot is still in front of their left. While I havenā€™t studied Torresā€™ shot, he appears to be balanced but he shoot more of a set shot.

Comment

• RT knows how to run the PNR and executed it multiple times with AM. SMU couldn't stop it but Marshall took RT out, and put SHJ in and he can't execute it at all. Never makes the pass on the roll.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          SMU was also defending the PNR differently in the 2nd half. They had multiple guys converging on AM as he rolled back into the lane.

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
        RT knows how to run the PNR and executed it multiple times with AM. SMU couldn't stop it but Marshall took RT out, and put SHJ in and he can't execute it at all. Never makes the pass on the roll.
        I didn't understand the subbing either. Multiple great plays from RT and AM, then they get pulled..

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Midtgaard especially was totally gassed. He had to come out. Ricky was good tonight, but not as good, especially defensively, as Burton. Had to get Burton back in to try and get some stops.

• Woodrow
          Woodrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree Doc, but my point is SHJ can create his own shot but can't execute the PNR so stop running that play with him because it doesn't work. JB can and RT is really good at it. AM was finishing even when they had 2 guys on him since they were too small to defend him.

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with you Woodrow I was just commenting more on why they came out of the game. I actually wanted Ricky in on that last possession. It would have been hard to take out any one of the 5 though. Maybe Burton but he was really good last night and took the ball to the cup. I probably would have taken out Burton and let Ricky run the high post screen and see where it went from there, but sheesh, you can't argue a result that wins the dang game. It's sure a lot easier when you have options.

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Hope IPBC gets it together soon. We could have really used him tonight at the 4 and/or 5. Quicker, mobile, and more athletic.
        Is he eligible? When did he stop playing at semester start?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          1. Really fun game
          2. Really cold outside
          3. Crowd was decent, maybe 8500-9000?
          5. DD's body language not good
          6. RT was very good in limited minutes
          7. Bob is better on the postgame than Jeff is
          8. Brown was really bad on both ends
          9. I like the dance team
          10. F Jank
          1) Agree - great for fans, HCGM not so much - especially 1st half team defense.
          2) Really, really cold here.
          3) Crowd sounded decent on the tube.
          5) Agree... not sure what is up there.
          6) RT looked much more in control, confident with ball.
          8) Not an AAC level player.
          9) Dance Team better than AAC level, try ACC level! In fact, better than anything out of North Carolina
          10) Dude has some weird looking ears.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Is he eligible? When did he stop playing at semester start?
            I believe in the coach's show Monday, he said coach's choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

And Dexter trying to just walk away from him. He should stand there and take it. He earned the ass chewing.
              I saw this too. I remember senior or junior year Baker walking away and waving off a HCGM ass chewing. Ron had earned the right. Dennis has not.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Husker4Shockers
                Husker4Shockers commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry; I don't think anybody ever earns that right.

• Watching us warm up, I thought we looked "beat". The body language was not good. I thought we were a little fortunate to be in the game at 17-11...and down 7 at half? Could have been 20. Big time kudos to Torres and Midtgaard for keeping the team within shouting distance.

Probably don't win if SMU is full strength.

SMU has playas. Several of them. We don't. Their material is better. We're deeper and bigger and stronger.

I kind of wonder how we won and I haven't watched the replay yet, but it seemed like our defense was better than the total. Yeah we gave up a couple of back door plays but they hit a ton of well guarded jumpers, especially in the first half.

I felt like we boxed out better, but still sometimes struggled to get the ball. Again, without Foster that really helped our rebounding cause.

How exactly did Gregg avoid a stroke on the 3rd McDuffie foul? I seriously thought he burst his carotid artery.

SMU has no inside game. You must punish them with bigs. Jamie and Asbjorn did an admirable job there while trying to defend a player they simply couldn't defend on the other end.

Burton was really good on both ends tonight.

Only 5 turnovers says a lot about how good Burton and Torres were, as well as how little defense SMU played with no bench. They rested on D and went hard on offense.

Lots more on this game, but we needed a win and got a win. Good job fellas!
              Last edited by WuDrWu; January 31, 2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Did we recruit McMurray? He is the second coming of Kyle Weems.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I haven't been a big fan of ES most of the season, but tonight he was STELLAR! I don't know if I've seen a player with such a difference in his game between CKA and, apparently (so far), any other arena.

Burton missed a year of HS ball with an injury. That had to leave him a bit behind others in his class. Then getting thrown into the fray against a top-10 D1 SoS can't be an easy transition.

DD looks like he wasn't playing against high-level competition at his prep school. The coach he brought with him may prove to be more valuable than the player. DD has the physical tools. If he spends the off season busting butt to put some additional skills on to his athleticism, he could be awesome, but he's a little raw right now.

AM has some physical limitations. He probably has less of a vertical than Stutz, and sometimes Stutz' vertical appeared to be a negative number. He's starting to look like he's transitioning from project to perhaps the first step past servicable. That's encouraging for a 7' Soph.

Brown and Chandler appear to be the most likely to thin down the huge class and open up a few scholarships. Brown because he doesn't appear to be a contender. Chandler looks like he could be a stud in the future, but he doesn't seem to have some characteristics that are required to have a future. If they both transfer, and then turn out to be studs at their next stop, I wouldn't be surprised. Some very good players just don't fit at WSU.

Unless one ot more of the current players do a Cotton impersonation and improve their shooting dramatically over the summer, we better have some Fr next year who can stroke from 3. If defenses can collapse next year the way they are collapsing this year, Allen may not be known as "Buckets" in the future.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Ted on post game locker room show said last buzzer beater at home was Toure Murry, counting winning shot in last six seconds.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LD Swanson had a couple back in the early 90ā€™s

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Stutz @ LSU ?

• JVShocker
                      JVShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Perez had a runner from 3 (against SIU) and never stopped running till he got in the tunnel.
                  Working...
                  X