No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great numbers tonight with totals (pts, reb, asst) combined for some guys

That should tell them what they need to bring each night...with all that was still a close win at home

Comment

• We had assists tonight. That was the difference.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, 19 assists in fact. Assists always seem to go up when we're making our shots.

• 7 assists by Burton. Wow. I didn't even realize
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Maizerunner08
        Maizerunner08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that’s a heck of a stat line.

• 19 assists and 5 turnovers. I will take it lol.

Granted SMU is pretty horrible on defense. But who cares. Nice to see
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The ball movement was 1000 times better tonight. Maybe they are trying to figure things out
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I didn’t realize how front loaded our schedule was. ECU and Tulane should be 3 or 4 wins alone.

Comment

• another shocker
            another shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            the kiss of death

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
          I'll shut up about AM for a while.
          Good dude who works his ass off. No, he won't win any wind sprints in practice, but he is serviceable and does what HCGM wants.

Watched a young man get his mojo back tonight in ES. Busted his tail all game and had a much more confident look to his game. This was after badly missing his first two shots.
          HCGM pulled him aside and had some positive words - would speculate to just keep grinding - or something to that effect.

Nice win for a struggling group and all without any contribution from DD. Not sure where his head was tonight, but it certainly wasn't anywhere inside the arena.

No IPBC again tonight. - strong message being sent. Just not sure if it's being received.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• JE - 12 pts 6 rebs 5 blocks.

Comment

• another shocker
              another shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              xcellent #'s. gawd, if he could maintain some kind of semblence with that production.
              Last edited by another shocker; January 30, 2019, 10:30 PM.

• 1. okay i am drunk so excuse anything stupid i might say
            2. JONES !
            3.. ES !
            4. AM..............just give him a couple guys who will see him like RT
            5. JE
            6. RT four assists in limited time - his best game for not even scoring
            7. MM up and down
            8. better team D the second half
            9. what a horrible third call on MM
            10. feeling a lot better about ES, AM, JE and even RT - at least he SEES the court and his centers
            11. wont't mean a lot unless we take care of tulsa
            12.. WHO will be the star of the game ? ES ! but AM close

Comment

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              NL4JB?

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
            HCGM's horrendous play call bailed out by some masterful work by SHJ.
            Why was putting the ball into our best shot creator a horrendous call?

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              Mainly because we had no play drawn up. Just give it to SHJ and see if he can do something. Most coaches would actually draw up a play with some screens and passing for an open shot.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
              Downtown Shocker Brown commented
              Editing a comment
              Better watch again. Play was called. Just horribly executed.

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              Option one and two were not executed as DSB said. Option three was SHJ taking it to the hoop.against Grandpa McMurray, who he knows well from pickup games and summer basketball.

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            1. okay i am drunk so excuse anything stupid i might say
            2. JONES !
            3.. ES !
            4. AM..............just give him a couple guys who will see him like RT
            5. JE
            6. RT four assists in limited time - his best game for not even scoring
            7. MM up and down
            8. better team D the second half
            9. what a horrible third call on MM
            10. feeling a lot better about ES, AM, JE and even RT - at least he SEES the court and his centers
            Good for you! I agree RT had a great game without scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Pipe down.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Great win for the fans, coaches and kids. That game could of gone badly when we were down 11 in the first half. The guys held together, played enough defense and appeared to actually run some plays. SHJ with whatever the hell that was at the end, ftw we lose by 15 if that was a road game..

The young girls getting a lot of screen time at the commercial breaks is about a 1000x improvement over the old clown with the goatee and his crew of flunkies from five years or so ago.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes! Maniacs and Marshalville need to get the eye candy all the prime real estate. No more dudes that look like they’re going go play Dungeons and Dragons after the game.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Agree. I mean, honestly I would rather have that play then someone just standing at the perimeter and jacking it up last second (which is what I expected to happen)

Not sure there is anyone I would fully trust to take a good shot at the end of the game. May as well have been SHJ

Comment

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. I sure was glad we were tied instead of behind one. It seems like all of the Big last second plays go against us.

• Wasn't it last year that we were saying that if the opponent gets a banked 3 in the second half, that will be the difference in the game. Well, Brown had the banked 3 in the second half this time. And that shot looked really bad until it went in.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                  Maizerunner08 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Finally we get one of those to fall. On the topic, I’m sure Rod is a great kid, just not sure how he fits in with this team going forward. Seems completely lost on offense.

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Finally we get one of those to fall. On the topic, I’m sure Rod is a great kid, just not sure how he fits in with this team going forward. Seems completely lost on the court.

FIFY
              Working...
              X