No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We needed that. Good job by the guys to finish the game strong.

Comment

• I do like the emergence of AM recently. Hard not to pull for him.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• ES deserves a shout out too, he had a heck of a game and fought underneath for some tough boards.

Comment

• I'll shut up about AM for a while.

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Why limit yourself to AM?

• 60Shock
            60Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Try giving credit where credit is due without making the off hand remark of, "for a while"..

• Great win!!!

Comment

• That Jones shot wasn’t all that “crazy” if you watch the replay. Especially for a lefty.

Comment

• Wins feel so good this year. Proud of our boys. That was clutch. This is a type of win we couldn’t pull off last year. It ain’t all roses right now but there’s a core of young guys that will form into something special if they stick it out.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• We’re always on the losing end of last second shots and last second misses on our part. Glad to see one end in our favor. Glad it wasn’t a McDuffie iso as well. 3G still lousy at drawing up last second plays though.

Comment

• With this young team, all wins are great. I hope at some point, they learn to make things easier on themselves by taking care of the little things.

2 steps forward tonight though.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Now I hope we can build on this. Guys should have some confidence. SMU is not nearly as good as they played. Some of those shots were damn near half court.

Comment

• Geez! So hard to get a win this year. But...way to go Shocks!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        ES deserves a shout out too, he had a heck of a game and fought underneath for some tough boards.
                        He had several critical hustle plays

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, I thought Erik played great. Hustle plays, rebounds and some big shots, including being aggressive driving into the lane.

• 60Shock
                          60Shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes he did, and he showed a lot of hustle out there tonight in addition to looking totally confident with his shot.

• I think that was one hell of a game. ! Great job!
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          That Jones shot wasn’t all that “crazy” if you watch the replay. Especially for a lefty.
                          Watching it in slow motion reminded me of Dr J!

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            ES deserves a shout out too, he had a heck of a game and fought underneath for some tough boards.
                            Absolutely. Definitely doesn't get enough credit for the dirty work.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                            X