Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMU @ Wichita State Pre-Game

Wednesday, 8 PM on ESPNU.

SMU and their band of muscle cars (also known as Mustangs) make the trip down to Wichita to face our band of wheat harvesters (also known as Shockers).

The stretch of tough conference games has come to an end, finally. 7 games that had us play 3 Tier A (KenPom) games, 3 Tier B games and 1 non Tiered game. 1-6 is not really where you want to be sitting, but at least we beat UCF?

We have 4 winnable games, 3 at home and a road game against former Conference USA bottom feeder now turned American Conference bottom feeder East Carolina. (Why did Mike Aresco add this team?) Seriously, this team was never good.

Back to SMU though, this team was supposed to be so much better, being Top 40 in Preseason KenPom, but alas they sit 12-7 and 4-3 in a POW6R conference.

SMU's defense is 237th overall, and 7th in Conference only games. They are Top 10 in offensive rebounding, and that is where I see them winning this game if they do. They are an average shooting team. 34.7% from 3 (145) and 51.0% from 2 (162). They knock down 72.7% (99) of their freebies. They run a zone defense most of the time so our guys might be frustrated early along which then translates to Coach.

I can see SMU winning this game, and I can see WSU winning this game. It's a flip of the coin.

KenPom Prediction: Wichita State 70 - SMU 68.

My prediction: need to restock my beer fridge before and after the game, unfortunately--or fortunately, depending on one's perspective.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

God I miss FSF
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

How I feel about the rest of the season:

Image result for we got no food we got no jobs gif

Okay, kidding. Slightly.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Based on StubHub, I’m guessing this will be one of the more empty games at Koch in recent memory.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d be happy if they gave those tickets to the Boys and Girls Club or another local charity... kids who don’t get the chance to attend a high level college basketball game. Marketing 101 to current and future Shocker fans... and maybe future students.

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            WstateU they are not going to see a high level game if they go to WSU v SMU

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Shhh... just don’t tell them.

In a season such as this...
          Coach no matter what will not quit on his team.
          The players may feel like quitting on their team.
          But the fans...the fans of this great program have never quit. Show these young players that Wichita St. fans NEVER quit. Show up and be loud and PROUD!!!! Wish I could!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Shockers opened as 2.5 point favorites.
            Now at 3.0 favorites.

Comment

If this team can keep grinding throughout the game, they can win it. Some senior leadership would be helpful in this regard.

Comment

Have some fun, play loose and together on both ends. 66-63.......................................shocks

Comment

76-69 WSU wins!
                  "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Any bets on Chandler?

Comment

I just hope we see improvement and some good smart team basketball.

Comment

Sorry but please check out my poll in the off topic section

Comment

Just win baby!

Comment

Pony Keg = 63
                            Shock Top = 71

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wsu::very_drunk::poster_wu:

Comment

Working...
                            X