• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by Indy23
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    A little OT, but ... ACW, while you're reading, thanks for beating KSU. The entire Jayhawk community applauds your team's efforts. GMU has a heck of a team this year. Good luck!
    nobody gives a flying crap about the jayhawk nation in here
    God I love this board.
    Isn't it funny? There are many WSU fans who despise KU/KSU but I don't see the logic. We don't play each other and we aren't in the same conference but many people on here act like WSU - KU is the Hatfields and McCoys. Why?
    What a surprise. What a sycophant.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
      A little OT, but ... ACW, while you're reading, thanks for beating KSU. The entire Jayhawk community applauds your team's efforts. GMU has a heck of a team this year. Good luck!
      nobody gives a flying crap about the jayhawk nation in here
      God I love this board.
      Isn't it funny? There are many WSU fans who despise KU/KSU but I don't see the logic. We don't play each other and we aren't in the same conference but many people on here act like WSU - KU is the Hatfields and McCoys. Why?
      KC, are you serious? :shock:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

While I think newshock is way out in left field in his belief that no WSU fan should like KU, he has a point. I can recall many times when WSU was mentioned on the KU or KSU boards, similar replies abounded.

KC, WSU fans despise KU because of how they have treated WSU in the academic and athletic arenas. I thought as a WSU grad you would know some of the history that has been discussed here on multiple occassions.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          While I think newshock is way out in left field in his belief that no WSU fan should like KU, he has a point. I can recall many times when WSU was mentioned on the KU or KSU boards, similar replies abounded.

KC, WSU fans despise KU because of how they have treated WSU in the academic and athletic arenas. I thought as a WSU grad you would know some of the history that has been discussed here on multiple occassions.
          Royal, I think everyone dislikes the school and its alumni for what they have done to try and hold back WSU in academics. I think 99% on here can agree with that. I also know that in the past, athletics has been prone to not ackowledging a certain program down the pike from them as well. But, at least I have just decided to forget about KU in basketball until they decide to play us again. They play WSU in most every other sport and have for quite some time, with WSU doing fairly well in competition.

KSU quit playing WSU because Wooly was afraid that he'd lose his job if he kept losing to WSU. Well, he lost his job and we still aren't playing, so I don't know what to think there. I think Martin is more likely to schedule than Self is, but who knows. How much of that was Turgeon not wanting to play KU?

Marshall will do us just fine when it comes to scheduling, and I can't wait to see what he gets lined up for next year for the Shox.

But until then, I still don't see why KCShox is getting ridden so hard on here for trying to keep people thinking straight. If he weren't giving his opinions, everyone on here would likely think WSU was going to win every game 100-25, kinda like the old SNL skit with the guys talking about Ditka and the Bears.

Comment

It's probably the same thing with WSU and KSU/KU as it is with GMU and UMD.

Comment

There are alot of reasons why WSU should not like KU or K state. Here are just a few of them, they both are arrogant and treat WSU as it we are a joke. Then also i hear several KU and K state say we arent rivalary because we wont play them. They need to check their facts, its the opposite. I cant state all the reason of why WSU fans should not associate or root for KU or Kstate, but then this post would be endless.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Although I did graduate from WSU, apparently I missed an important piece of history regarding KU's mistreatment of WSU in the academic arena, perhaps someone can clarify this for me. I understand the history, or which I feel is a lack thereof, in athletics.

Comment

When the teams are reversed, what's the percentage of KU/KSU fans' feelings towards WSU?

It seems you're implying that WSU fans are always the troublemakers, or the culprits, or the imperfect fans. Please don't act like KU/KSU fans are above this because that's simply not the case.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Although I did graduate from WSU, apparently I missed an important piece of history regarding KU's mistreatment of WSU in the academic arena, perhaps someone can clarify this for me. I understand the history, or which I feel is a lack thereof, in athletics.
                    There are a number of things that KU has done through the board of regents, and KSU to a lesser extent. I believe that tried to block WSU from ever becoming a state school in the first place, because they feared competition from a state school in a large metro area. They worked for years to block WSU from adding any form of graduate programs to keep WSU from competing with them for grad students. The KU school of medicine in Wichita was originally supposed to be a joint effort between KU and WSU, but KU stole control of it and cut WSU out. There are other issues that others could relay, but those are the one's that come to my mind.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Oh, no, not this again. I'll try again - although I'm growing weary of the topic.

When Wichita University applied to be a State University, KU fought that in the legislature with everything they could pull out. They even tried to have WU become KU-W.

When WSU became reality, KU took their fight to the Board of Regents. KU basically controlled the Board of Regents. Until around the 1990's, if WSU wanted an advanced degree program, WSU basically had to ask KU's permission.

KU would typically do a "study", which could take 5 or 10 years. Then if KU decided that KU wanted the program, they would request the funding be given to KU. If KU already had a similar program, after the "study", KU would present arguments why the duplication of services was unneeded and students desiring the advanced degree should go to KU.

If KU didn't have and didn't want the program, they would give their approval to the Board of Regents, but only after doing "the study".

Meanwhile, back in the Legislature, WSU was requesting academic funding because WSU's profs were paid substantially below equivalent positions at KSU or KU. Once the additional education funding was approved, the KU lobby went to work and more often than not got the additional funding designated to KU, so KU could raise their profs salaries.

Then there was the proposed WSU School of Medicine. The program was carefully designed to create no duplication of services with KU. WSU developed the plan, acquired the facilities and implemented the program. Basically started from nothing and went all the way to having an accredited post-graduate medical school designed to fill gaps not met by KU's School of Medicine.

I think you know the routine by now. KU fought WSU in the Legislature and the Board of Regents. WSU was eventually ordered to give the program, facilities, staff - everything WSU had built - to KU. That facility exists at I-135 and 9th and is the Wichita branch of KU Med School.

There's more. Much more.

The reason you don't know the history is pretty simple. Advanced degree programs in History was a major fight for about 20 years with KU stalling and blocking every attempt WSU made to improve their advanced degree programs in History. Guess who writes the History books, KU grads or WSU grads?

When WSU became a Regents school, KU pretty much declared war on WSU. That war started about the same time as the Viet Nam war and existed until about the start of the first war in Iraq. To put it in basketball terms, it started before Dave Stallworth enrolled. It went away gradually around the time Cohen and Thompson were coaching at WSU.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X