No announcement yet.

McDuffie Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very efficient game versus ECU. 15 points on 6 FGA and 11 of 12 FTs.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      He's very solid at the line... almost automatic and they usually hit nothing but net. I let out a "dammit Markis!", when he missed the one last night; I'm such a dumb a$$… my wife concurs. :)

• Who am I to disagree with your wife WstateU. :-)

Comment

• Markis has been really good at drawing fouls and getting to the line where he has become nearly automatic. Those three point shot fouls put a dagger in ECU last night and were just as devastating as if he had actually made the three point shot. That's what four years of D1 ball will do for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
        Now #16 all time within striking distance to FVV.
        Yeah. Mark and Fred should definitely be mentioned in the same sentence lol.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Yeah. Mark and Fred should definitely be mentioned in the same sentence lol.

T

3 points away from tying fred

Comment

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job Markis

• Bump. No explanation needed.

Comment

• a couple more games like tonight and I'm on board. just kidding - loved his effort tonight

Comment

• McDuffie now has 1,492 points, good for #12 on the all-time list and 47 points behind #11 Toure Murry

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                McDuffie now has 1,492 points, good for #12 on the all-time list and 47 points behind #11 Toure Murry
                Hope MM catches him in the WSU's third game and his final game of his career at WSU.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You mean three games from now, I think?

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kung. Unless you read this to say WSU’s third game of the season, which would make it impossible for MM to pass these guys , and since it wasn’t MM, final game, whT other interpretation could you have?

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At first I read it as 3rd game of the NIT, as in this would be his last game. But I assumed thats not whatcha meant, so was clarifying outta curiosity.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                McDuffie now has 1,492 points, good for #12 on the all-time list and 47 points behind #11 Toure Murry
                After the Clemson game, Markis has moved past Mo Evans (632) for the third-most points in a single season (639), and is now behind only X (844) and Dave Stallworth (769). Unless Markis catches some serious fire, 3rd place is likely where he'll end up.

Not bad for a player who is still catching an inordinate amount of **** from some of the clowns on this board.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

After the Clemson game, Markis has moved past Mo Evans (632) for the third-most points in a single season (639), and is now behind only X (844) and Dave Stallworth (769). Unless Markis catches some serious fire, 3rd place is likely where he'll end up.

Not bad for a player who is still catching an inordinate amount of **** from some of the clowns on this board.
                  I'm chuckling to myself......"nah, he can't play...." :)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I'm chuckling to myself......"nah, he can't play...." :)
                    Lol some of the so called fans on this board think we should have zero wins with how awful MM is.....
                    Last edited by lmor1971; March 25, 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

LoL! Right next to X and Stallworth eh? Can somebody say ASTERISK!!!

T

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Of course. Dave played with a team good enough to go to the final four without him and X played with multiple NBA big guys that helped him clown posts at the time...haha

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Stop trollin'! ;)

T

• This team has a better record than I thought they would. They have over achieved as far as I'm concerned.

Is Markis a big part of that? Absolutely. Does that mean he is a great senior leader. No. Just because you're a senior does not make you a good/great leader. However, he did do very well with what he has the skills to do. Maybe far from perfect, but good enough to carry this extremely inexperienced much further than I thought should be reasonable expected.

Where does he rank among past Shockers? As one of our best. If I was to pick two teams of Shocker past and current, with 7 players each, to play against each other would he make one of the teams? Probably not. That does not in any way tarnish what he has done for Shocker basketball.

Lastly, we need to temper how we look at stats that are inflated due to the number of games a player's team play in a year or their career. Those stats may also be affected by a particular team's reliance on one or two players vs a team who has more balanced team. A balanced team may make one player look better than he would on a less talented squad while hurt another player's stats because those stats are spread around.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        This team has a better record than I thought they would. They have over achieved as far as I'm concerned.

Is Markis a big part of that? Absolutely. Does that mean he is a great senior leader. No. Just because you're a senior does not make you a good/great leader. However, he did do very well with what he has the skills to do.
                        You don't know anything and talked out of both sides of your mouth. You don't know whether he is a leader or not. I've heard that the players look up to him. I'm tired of people who don't know what they are saying acting like they know.

Comment

Working...
                        X