No announcement yet.

UCF @ Wichita State Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The losing streak moves to 5. These youngin's aren't ready yet.
    The Assman

Comment

• another shocker
      another shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      'shockers are not quite ready for primetime.. yet.

you guys think we are getting to 70....against this team? okay

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Thought we looked really competitive against the Coogs at their barn.

Unfortunately the Shocks did what they've done all year, and that's display a troubling penchant for not just taking off a play or two, but rather playing 3-5 straight minutes of mind-numbing, terrible basketball, the likes of which we haven't seen around here for 15-20 years. If the team can just scale that back to a play or two...
      Yeap have to agree. Those 3 to 5 minutes lapse kill us everytime. The shocks will have a double digit lead in most games and then play brain dead for 5 minutes and give up the lead. The other bad habit is we get back in the game and then waste 8 to 10 possessions not scoring with dumb play and let the other team take control. Maybe this is what coach was talking about when he said we were 3 quarters team. Sigh. I wish it wasn't so or that they would start proving us wrong.

Comment

UCF opens up at -3.

Still getting some love from Vegas IMO.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think if we take care of the ball and control one of their two scorers we have a chance. I have a good feeling that someone else like Eric or Ricky step up to help the seniors on offense. Not saying we win, but I am “telling you there is a chance”.

Comment

This would be a terrific game to win to help get some confidence back.

But, we will need to see a lot more of our young guys standing up and contributing on both ends of the court.

Comment

I predict I'll have a heavy buzz but not be completely drunk after this one.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• JVShocker
              JVShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope there's not too much of this goin 'round tonight.

Is there an over/under on how many times Fall blocks a Haynes-Jones shot with his armpit?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Those 3-5 minutes when we go "brain dead" is the reason 15 guys minus 2 are struggling. Getting a lead or even playing "even" is monumental for this team this year. Like seriously...I'm amazed Coach isn't getting beat by 20 every night.

These "Young Guns" are learning on the fly. Keep the faith Shocker Nation. We'll be BACK!!!!!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Late night at the Roundhouse!! It's gameday, bitches!!

Comment

Why does CBS have us playing so late? Do the 2 A10 games ahead of us really have higher priority?

Edit: Doesn't NBCSN also have a deal with the A10? Come on CBS.

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CBSSN is a sports network owned by CBS... I'm sure they call their own shots to some extent. I believe we're on the real CBS Saturday afternoon at 1:00 pm CST. We need a big win tonight, followed by another big win Saturday afternoon. WstateU feels it in his old bones.

Time to Shake and Bake!

https://media.giphy.com/media/L0RFOOrzxodpe/giphy.gif

I believe we have to finish in the top 8 to avoid having to play on Thursday so we need a W on our
                  home court. I think it is pretty much a toss up game. Keep grinding and playing hard. Shocks 65 -62

Comment

There is still plenty to be salvaged from this season. A win tonight could go a long way towards lifting the spirits of the players and coaches, who maybe could use little positive reinforcement in the form of a W.

Here’s hoping tonight is the beginning of a little Shocker renaissance.

No clue if it’s possible but I would love to see this team scratch enough wins to qualify for some kind of post season. I don’t care if it’s CBI, CIT, CDMA, OPP, whatever. I think that additional experience could pay off for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Those 3-5 minutes when we go "brain dead" is the reason 15 guys minus 2 are struggling.
                  I haven't noticed that anyone on the roster has been exempt from those "brain dead" periods. Young, old or in between.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I haven't noticed that anyone on the roster has been exempt from those "brain dead" periods. Young, old or in between.
                    These kids are still concerned about where each of them is supposed to be on each end of the floor at any given time. I can see progress in that area as a team, but the mental stress of what they are trying to remember is going to take it's toll at times or over time.

Comment

Working...
                    X