Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCF @ Wichita State Pre-Game Thread

Good news: We're at home.
    Bad news: It's UCF, the game is at 9 pm on a work night and everyone's salt levels are at all time highs for this point in the season.

Look. I get it. This teams frustrates me as much as you, but at least there is some silver lining. We competed with Houston for the majority of the game in their arena. Not bad at all considering what we were expecting. A game against UCF is going to be hard, and the last time our boys played in CKA it didn't end well, but there's always a chance.

I saw some Play Angry play from Dexter Dennis and Rod Brown of all people last game and I think we can build on that going forward. Expect a close one, with whoever gets lucky at the end winning.

They are going to need 7 or 8 players to contribute if they want to beat the KenPom odds (37% of winning). Seeing Goliath (Tacko Fall 7'6") play against WSU might be worth the price of admission (which according to Stub Hub is $6.12).

Comment

This is a game where AM could play. Tacko is slow.

Comment

We have 20 fouls to give in the post. Tacko shoots 27% from the line. Let’s play hack a shaq when he touched the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        This is a game where AM could play. Tacko is slow.
        Please no...

Comment

Much more likely to Evansville these guys in our house than Houston in their barn. One of the Freshmen gets going for our third scorer and we win by 9.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

We win 66 to 65! knock on wood.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I know I cannot be alone in this thinking, but when I watch this team, it does not look like a Gregg Marshall led team. Something feels off, maybe this is caused by our "super senior" and his sidekick, or the inexperience and inconsistent play of our newcomers, whatever it is, it better be fixed come next October.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
              I know I cannot be alone in this thinking, but when I watch this team, it does not look like a Gregg Marshall led team. Something feels off, maybe this is caused by our "super senior" and his sidekick, or the inexperience and inconsistent play of our newcomers, whatever it is, it better be fixed come next October.
              Or else what, I wonder?

Comment

Thought we looked really competitive against the Coogs at their barn.

Unfortunately the Shocks did what they've done all year, and that's display a troubling penchant for not just taking off a play or two, but rather playing 3-5 straight minutes of mind-numbing, terrible basketball, the likes of which we haven't seen around here for 15-20 years. If the team can just scale that back to a play or two...

Comment

I think we win this one. I've never been impressed with UCF this season and honestly, Tacko kinda sucks.

WSU 78
                UCF 72

Comment

This one feels winnable and if we could somehow pull it off, I think it'd put a lot of confidence in this team going forward and hopefully allow us to get a string of wins going. I was super proud of the effort in Houston. It may not happen this game or the next, but this team will turn the corner.

Comment

It feels "winnable" to me as well, UNTIL you see the 2 teams line up and it's men against boys. UCF is put together, unlike many teams we've seen. It's going to be a new challenge for these guys, and so far new challenges haven't been accepted well.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dawkins and Taylor and better than anyone on our team. That doesn't even account for the big Taco/

Taco = 63
                    Pizza = 69

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wsu::moon: :poster_wu:

Comment

Samajae don't go to the hoop unless Taco is down at the other end of the court - 73

Taco Wednesday - 69

Like a couple others...I feel this one is winnable. Look for Chance Moore, Alex Lomax and Teddy Allen to NOT suit-up and let a few of our other newcomer guards finally light-it-up, play great defense and get the win at home!!!!!

Go SHOCKS!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                      X