Question ,, for the let's say historians on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ,, for the let's say historians on the board

So I got a small gift from someone this Christmas , and I kind of remember the phrase but not really It's a small cow bell with Wu shock on it and the phrase Gold Rush Club. anyone able to tell me about it? id it maybe the precursor to what is today the SASO ? I
    m wundrin it it is something I may have heard ringing at football games when I was just wee tyke ?
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Put some tape around the little dinger and swing to your heart's content. Perhaps the worst thing in all of sports are those who choose to wield the "cow bell".

T

...:cool:

Comment

You are exactly right. The Gold Rush Club was a scholarship fund club I believe in the 70s. I have some old programs mentioning it. PM me if you want more info—I don’t want to bore everybody

Comment

70s and 80s support club for WSU athletics. Cowbells were a bigger deal at football games (man, I miss it) than at basketball games. SASO sort of took over and became the bigger deal.

Comment

I kind of thought somethin along those lines. I was born in 1964, but do remember goin to FB games with my pops, and believe I heard the bells
          It's really kind of a cute little bell ,, will go along with my other Shocker stuff in the man cave. Thanks for the feedback
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Working...
          X