No announcement yet.

Wichita State @ VCU - Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCU opens up at -5.5. Our name just has unbelievable cache attached to it. That looks like way too easy of money there.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shox win by 4

Comment

If the Shox beat VCU, I'll run naked around my neighborhood wearing only a strategically placed Santa hat. J-Ville, So Miss and ORU wins have done absolutely nothing to prepare this team to play a strong program on the road. That's like saying the college all-stars could beat the Arizona Cardinals. We'll lose by 14.

Comment

It would be a good win but don't think we are to that stage yet where we can beat a team equal to or better than us on their home court. VCU by 9. Be a very nice surprise though if we win.

Comment

Umm, you guys know we beat Providence and Baylor. VCU can’t shoot.

Comment

This game is winnable, but. We’ll have to hit our free throws and the boards, plus take care of the ball. If we can hit a few 3s and keep improving on D, who knows?

Comment

Grammar aside. I agree.

Comment

Any news on DD playing against VCU?

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Honest question, did we miss DD last game? What does he provide that the rest of the guys can’t make up?

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Guess we have our answer: no. DD was not needed the last game. His athleticism, defensive tenacity, rebounding, and scoring ability could very well be missed today. He's shooting the 3 80 points better than ES. He's 4th in minutes per game, so I would guess HCGM thinks he would be valuable today.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              VCU opens up at -5.5. Our name just has unbelievable cache attached to it. That looks like way too easy of money there.
              This cuts both ways. VCU isn’t lighting the world on fire this year either. This matchup has more of the hallmarks of a nerd fight after chemistry class than a clash of bullies after metal shop.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

This cuts both ways. VCU isn’t lighting the world on fire this year either. This matchup has more of the hallmarks of a nerd fight after chemistry class than a clash of bullies after metal shop.
                You were the bully from metal shop huh...lol

Comment

Unless we play North Carolina or another Top 10 team, some of you will diminish the game and opponent. The fact is that this is a ROAD game against a good team who will have a very nice RPI or whatever the NCAA deems it, because VCU is from a good league and will likely be in at least the 75-100 (bottom) RPI range at the end of the year. The ROAD game and boost in our ranking only adds to it.

Comment

Not sure how this young team will play in its first true road game. But I hope we continue to make progress by playing hard and SMART. I emphasize smart because they have to handle VCU pressure by making the right pass. Also I think the shocks would get more steals if they would simply anticipate the pass when the other team reverses the baskeitball. I have seen many games this year where we could easily get the steal but we we're just to slow. As usual got to hit shots, make free throws and attack the glass. Go shocks.
                    Last edited by TheShocktocles; December 22, 2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Comment

Darn it Pin! You have only one job on game day yet you need to be reminded???

Comment

VCU had a little lamb - 60
                          Until WSU ate it between two slices of wheat bread - 61

Go Shockers!!!

:cool::bball_spin::victorious:

Comment

Working...
                          X