• Show
Clear All

• ORU pregame

Taylor Eldridge
    @tayloreldridge
    Follow Follow
    @tayloreldridge

More

Gregg Marshall has already ruled freshman guard Dexter Dennis (concussion) out for Wednesday's game against Oral Roberts. He said there's an outside chance he could play at VCU on Saturday, but it just depends on when he can clear concussion protocol.

From what I heard, he was pretty out of it the other day. My guess is, nope, not even a snowball's chance.

Comment

TRAP GAME! With the VCU game coming up, and our last shot to add a relatively decent feather to the non-con cap, our boys will continue to play like we have against J-Ville and So Miss and struggle against a team we shouldn't. Or, we totally demolish ORU and go out to Virginia and get utterly destroyed by VCU.

Comment

WSU 78 ORU 63
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Win this one, lose next one.

Comment

Get the latest Wichita State Odds, see their recent and upcoming schedule, matchups, injuries, stats, and team news.

Wichita State opens as 15 point favorites

Comment

WSU 61
            ORU. 58

I think we will have a comfortable lead at halftime. Something like 41-28. ORU comes out
            after halftime with more intensity on both ends. The young shockers knowing that they are
            a much better team will relax on defense and settle for a late in the shot clock three attempt.
            ​​​​​​ Sense they will be hurried shots probably make about 20% of them. Allowing ORU to make
            a game the shockers should win by 20 or so a nail biter.

Comment

76 -66 Shockers

Comment

I predict a blowout

82-58
                "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Last chance for any experimentation in my view but it probably won't happen. At the very least I'd like to
                  see AM get a four minute stretch in each half. I predict that in AAC play both JE and MU will encounter foul
                  problems and we are going to need a third defensive center and I give the edge on defense to AM. Would
                  like to see him get some more game experience. I'd also like to see us experiment with a couple bigs in
                  the lineup at the same time tonight playing MM at the small forward some. Again, all this because I think
                  we need some options going into conference play. Tonight we win 78-61

Comment

This team is just too young... Losing Landry hurt, but helps with future recruiting... Losing Austin Leaves just hurt as far as experience and talent... Teddy Allen waiver was a rollercoaster ride for the team... Yes no yes no... If we can ever mature in being a great second half team then watch out... Until then... Expect ups and downs

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                      Shocker Mama commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL — Austin Leaves. I see what you did there.

I wonder how different this team is if we have Landry, Reaves and Teddy Allen all playing significant minutes. When you stop and think about that, maybe our team wasn’t that poorly managed and we just got hit with too much change all at once. 6-4 isn’t that bad given the circumstances.

Comment

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you.

I had us at 7-5 or 8-4 at best through non con. I had the La Tech and Providence games flipped and the VCU game a toss up; however they appear to be better than I thought and we appear to not be quite as far along.

I think we win fairly comfortably tonite. Jaime will have another big game. I rarely make predictions so this is my last one ever on here if I am wrong.

Comment

We could have been 9-1 at this point. We could have been 1-9 at this point. 6-4, for us, is kind of like kissing our sister. 7-4 not much better but 6-5 after ORU would be like kissing grandma without her teeth. I'm predicting a kiss from sis with a chance for a good looking cousin on Saturday. Happy Holidays.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                        FadedCrown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What kind of sick joke is this?

Comment

Working...
                    X