Western Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan?

i wrote a note a while back about is SIU overrated?
    Anyone changing there mind after tonight?
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

WTF?!?!?!?!?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I had to do a double take when I saw the box score for that game

Comment

And here we are complaining about WSU's offense. I always pull for all the MVC conference teams during the non-conference schedule so I feel for SIU fans. 41 points, against Western Michigan, is embarrassing – for SIU and the MVC.

However, I am not going to write SIU off for this season. There is plenty of time for them to right the ship, which they have done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
          And here we are complaining about WSU's offense. I always pull for all the MVC conference teams during the non-conference schedule so I feel for SIU fans. 41 points, against Western Michigan, is embarrassing – for SIU and the MVC.

However, I am not going to write SIU off for this season. There is plenty of time for them to right the ship, which they have done in the past.
          No, WSU's loss to UMKC is embarrassing for the MVC. I find it funny that anyone from WSU would call another teams loss embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose

No, WSU's loss to UMKC is embarrassing for the MVC. I find it funny that anyone from WSU would call another teams loss embarrassing.
            Good point Marty.

Comment

Oh, I'd say we're plenty embarrassed around here (at least I am)

Comment

I am not picking on SIU because as you point out WSU fans do not have a thing to brag about so far this year. I am embarrassed for SIU and for the MVC. I was stunned when I saw the box score.

The UMKC loss was bad and embarrassing – no doubt. WSU is not pulling its weight this season. But in a broader context, SIU got all the hype this year, are supposed to have College Game Day in town and were/are effectively the current face of the MVC. Scoring 41 total points against Western Michigan is just sad and I hate to see it.

I have no problem calling the loss embarrassing because it was. The success of all MVC teams directly affects WSU.

Comment

Both WMU and UMKC are bad teams, UMKC may be a little worse. However, we led most of the way and lost by 3 - at least staying competitive. SIU (the supposed preseason favorites) was trailing by double digits the entire way and lost by 18 - uncompetitive.

I'd say it's a wash at least, but maybe slightly more embarrassing for SIU. Either way, they're both real bad losses for the Valley.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

i watched western michigan play in last years old spice classic. they have a few names i recognize. they weren't all that bad.

i'd say they're better than umkc.

BUT back to the topic. ... yes, i'd have to agree. SIU is overratted... which sucks for the MVC. they totally destroyed the good pub we'd been getting. (WSU had the dishonor of doing that last year)
                    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Western Michigan is MUCH better than UMKC. The MAC is far superior league to the Summit. Western Michigan has possibly burst a couple at large bubbles this year with Davidson and now SIU.

Comment

My whole point is we are expected to struggle this year and we've remained competitive in our games. SIU was a preseason Top 25 team and the Valley favorites and they are getting blown out of the water in almost all of their losses. They're tied for last in the league right now.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

To borrow from someone else's post on another thread....

Falker bleeds, that means we can (figuratively speaking) kill him.....

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            My whole point is we are expected to struggle this year and we've remained competitive in our games. SIU was a preseason Top 25 team and the Valley favorites and they are getting blown out of the water in almost all of their losses. They're tied for last in the league right now.
                            Translation: Our defense is at least as good, and their outside shooting sucks even worse than ours....

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

UNI almost lost to them tonight too.
                              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Working...
                              X