2018-19 Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Taylor responded to a tweet, saying that Gregg wanted to do anything he could to help Ricky play immediately. If that is the case, I don’t want to hear another college basketball fan (I am especially talking to you, Redbird fans) gripe about 3G’s attitude. Yes, he is insanely competitive and has a persona that matches that. That said, he really is a good man.
    Yup. Amazing the difference in off the court philosophies by coaches (ie Marshall vs Huggins)

Comment

• Good luck to Ricky... He's gonna need it

Comment

• Will he need a need a felony conviction before being fully eligible at ISU?

Comment

• Honestly a waiver is not gonna help Muller anyways. That’s a Thursday Night special next year or the following year regardless.

It sucks cuz I really liked Ricky and was hoping he would land at a school that’s relevant and has a chance at an NCAA Tournament.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh no! Ricky's a good kid by all accounts. He's not gonna fit in over there at all. Is this some sort of joke or what?
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Happy-ish for Ricky to have another opportunity but sorry it has to be with that douche Muller. If Ricky can get over the mental hump with his 3pt shooting and improve on defense, they’ll get a pretty solid player. After all of Muller’s antics and a comments he made last year, 3G would be more than justified if he chose throw a wrench in Ricky being immediately eligible, but I doubt he will for Ricky’s sake. Plus I think he pities Muller and the turds a bit.

Comment

• Maybe this will help Muller and some of the ISU fans get over their weird dislike of WSU.

Comment

• Marshall may get cranky about some things at times, but he's fundamentally a good guy who cares about his players -- it would be out of character for him not to do whatever he can to help Ricky. And he's certainly not going to let the IlSt ankle biters who try to nip at him get in the way of that.

Actually, given Torres's role with the Shocks compared to Teddy's with WVU, even Huggins might have been willing to stay out of Ricky's way in terms of getting a waiver -- but with him you never know. What we do know for sure is that Marshall > Huggins.
                  Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 18, 2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Ricky Torres will be just another "teaching moment" for Muller via Marshall.

Comment

• Muller still has a job??? Was his $100,000 buyout too much for the boosters to handle???:)

Comment

• I kind of wish Ricky was a punk and left on bad terms just because Marshall acting like he was going to push for immediate eligibility and then pulling the rug out on Muller would be a hilarious troll move.

Comment

• JucoRecruiting.com@JucoRecruiting 2h2 hours ago More
                          • Copy link to Tweet
                          • Embed Tweet

6’7 F James Rojas of Hutchinson CC has committed & signed with Alabama Rojas was former Buffalo commit. He averaged 19 ppg & 6.8 rpg this season while shooting 38.4% from 3

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Honestly a waiver is not gonna help Muller anyways. That’s a Thursday Night special next year or the following year regardless.

It sucks cuz I really liked Ricky and was hoping he would land at a school that’s relevant and has a chance at an NCAA Tournament.

Actually ISU has a chance to be pretty good next year as they redshirted like 8 or 9 players this year including several that were supposedly better that the one playing.

Comment

• Best of luck to Ricky. He is a guy with good character.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X