2018-19 Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Headcase, the dude will end up in D11 most likely. He can be a star there.
    I certainly hope he could star at the D-Eleven level. :playful:

Comment

• Cincy center Nysier Brooks transfers to Miami. Brooks will sit out next year and be eligible for the 2020-21 season.

Comment

• Chance Moore : 30 for 30... The WSU he never knew

Comment

• The University of Missouri-Kansas City has a new coach. His first task: Convince 11 players to exit the transfer portal. It's a look at a new era in college basketball.

11 transfers!!

Comment

• If you were a coach, would you consider a player putting his name in the portal to be gone or would you allow him to return if he so chooses? Is is solely the player's choice?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            If you were a coach, would you consider a player putting his name in the portal to be gone or would you allow him to return if he so chooses? Is is solely the player's choice?
            I was thinking the same thing. In UMKC's situation, if he started to get commitments before current players pulled out of the portal, is it the coach's choice who he "cuts"? Are the players taking any risks?

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              on one of the later coaches shows 3G said that Daishon announced his transfer and then later came to 3G and said he may want to change his mind and come back. 3G said, thanks but no thanks.

• WuShock16
              WuShock16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dan, I thought that was CJ last offseason who did that...

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              I think CJ may be the guy that had to leave due to grades

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            If you were a coach, would you consider a player putting his name in the portal to be gone or would you allow him to return if he so chooses? Is is solely the player's choice?
            I'd allow him to return. No different than a coach testing the waters and coming back to his current school.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I'd allow him to return. No different than a coach testing the waters and coming back to his current school.
              I think there is a huge difference about having 1 or 2 players "test the waters" and a pot load like UMKC. If I was that coach, I'd be working hard and quickly to find the best players I could ASAP. If I start filling the roster with new blood before they decide to come back, I'm going to be picking the best of those who want to come back to fill out the roster and too bad for any left behind. That was the player's choice to enter the transfer portal. I'd have a responsibility to the school, fans, donors, and the rest of the team to not get caught short handed if not enough players decided not to come back or I let too much time pass and miss out on some of the best I could have gotten, but lost, waiting for a portal player to give me a commitment by exiting the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think there is a huge difference about having 1 or 2 players "test the waters" and a pot load like UMKC. If I was that coach, I'd be working hard and quickly to find the best players I could ASAP. If I start filling the roster with new blood before they decide to come back, I'm going to be picking the best of those who want to come back to fill out the roster and too bad for any left behind. That was the player's choice to enter the transfer portal. I'd have a responsibility to the school, fans, donors, and the rest of the team to not get caught short handed if not enough players decided not to come back or I let too much time pass and miss out on some of the best I could have gotten, but lost, waiting for a portal player to give me a commitment by exiting the portal.
                I absolutely would not wait around for the player and if I found a replacement then I'd be moving on. I'm saying if a player, particularly a grad who had experienced nothing but losing, could go somewhere and play for a year right away and contribute to a winning team and get to experience the NCAA tournament, then why not?

Comment

• Also, if you have 11 players leave, there's a systematic problem with the program.

Comment

• The Mad Hatter
                    The Mad Hatter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This was after a coaching change and some of those players may stick around still.

• Has anyone heard anything on the Ricky Torres and Rod Brown transfers?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                    Has anyone heard anything on the Ricky Torres and Rod Brown transfers?
                    Nothing has happened yet. You can find them here: Verbal Commits. Drop down to Complete Transfer List and sort by previous school.

Comment

• Verbal Commits ‏   @VerbalCommits Follow Follow @VerbalCommits More Memphis F David Wingett (FR) has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/david-wingett …

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I suppose I could go to the trouble of actually looking him up, but wasn't Wingett a pretty well regarded recruit?

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanHoops 3h3 hours ago

More
                      • Copy link to Tweet
                      • Embed Tweet

Memphis has landed Little Rock grad transfer Rayjon Tucker. 6-5, 210, SG Stats: 20.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 41% 3-pointers Quick Scout: “Very, very athletic. Can shoot. Has some ball skills. Freak athlete.”

Comment

• ShockerFever
                        ShockerFever commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know it wouldn’t be good for the AAC, but I kinda hope all of this backfires and they fall flat on their faces.

I hope all of these countless studs are ready to share their minutes or we could have a chemistry problem or two. Especially from a coach who just tells his players to roll the ball up the court and see what happens.

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If I avoid the AAC board and the Memphis fans there I can be delighted to have a home game every year with a potential top 10 team.

• N Crestway
                        N Crestway commented
                        Editing a comment
                        On the surface of it, Tucker probably could have played more minutes at Kansas. Interesting that he passed up that opportunity. Probably felt more comfortable at Memphis. His decision really killing them on the Phog Net.
                        Last edited by N Crestway; May 13, 2019, 10:02 PM.

• I found the Memphis fans IN Memphis to be pretty ok...not bad at all...

Comment

Working...
                      X