Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think SHJ should start or be benched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think SHJ should start or be benched?

This seems to be a pretty controversial topic on here, so I figured I'll make a poll. (Don't hate me for it.)
    Start him.
    30.30%
    Start him but reduce his minutes.
    15.15%
    Bench him but make him the 6th man.
    34.85%
    Bench him.
    19.70%
    Last edited by FadedCrown; December 12, 2018, 09:56 AM.

Decided to copy this from my last post.

"Only thing that needs to happen is to bench SHJ. His 94.1 ORtg on KenPom is near abysmal when compared to other players used the same rate as him. He is not even close to being Top 100 in that category. Even if you ignore the stats and use the eye test, he is worse! You guys watch him play and I don't understand how you can like him. He is not bad at running the offense but his shot selection is absolutely terrible.

Also, just found out his ORtg was higher last year."

Comment

Pretty tough to use Yes/No options on a question with an either/or in it.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Dumb Question.

I will leave it up to our future HOF coach. (at least I think he's going to be a HOF coach) The best coach in WU and WSU history.

If Bill Snyder deserves to get the benefit to fire himself, our coach deserves to get the benefit of doubt to get a year to get this team to play good basketball. I haven't determined that this year is lost but I still think we can be a tough basketball team by the end of the year who may or may not be a Tournament team but is a tough out for Top 25-40 Teams.

Comment

Coach Marshall knows more than I do for sure. But, in my eyes, SHJ has 6th man scoring machine written all over him.
          "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

I don't understand the posters who say this is a "lost year." The chances of going to the NCAA Tourney is slim and none (the great majority of us agree on that). The NIT is a distant possibility. That being said, the lessons learned over the course of 30+ games this year from our crop of new players is all but "lost." The next 22+ games will give all players a chance to grow, mature, learn, succeed, fail, get back up from failure, etc... Regardless of the level of success this year (and regardless of record, success will happen) the future will continue to look bright in Shocker Nation. So I hope those who use the term "lost year" will consider what this year will bring to the next level of this program.

Comment

We are awfully small when he and Ricky are in the game together.

Comment

Agreed, we are way too small with both playing together. SHJ's one defining strength is his quickness.
                He has the skill set to be a good PG offensively, exceptional quickness that could be used to break down
                defenses, but he just doesn't "get it". In addition, IMHO the ability to contain and disrupt the opponents
                PG from effectively running THEIR offense is extremely / even MORE important and he can't do it. Also,
                again IMHO, he is too small to play the two guard especially on defense. Lastly, he is a senior who is
                taking up minutes some others could use from an experience stand point. As for RT I think he either has
                to start turning things around rather quickly or we need to go another direction at point ( ES and/or JB )

Comment

It's never a lost year... Win the conference tourney and your in...

Comment

• 60Shock
                    60Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If we win the conference tournament this year, we need to look for another conference.

• FadedCrown
                    FadedCrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    60Shock Not true at all. We have seen seemingly mediocre teams get hot at the end of the year and win their conference tourney, and it can happen with the Shox.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I AM hating on you for it.....why ???? This is a kid on OUR team.....

Comment

Corrected the answers, had to wake up before I realized they made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        I AM hating on you for it.....why ???? This is a kid on OUR team.....
                        But, there can only be five starters. WSU has had some pretty slaty sixth men who have started occasionally, but seemed to perform better coming off the bench. Why are you so hurt that someone might suggest that that might be the case wuith SHJ? All 17 guys are on our team, but only five start.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Gordon Hayward comes off the bench currently... Things got better for him and his team.. You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            Dumb Question.

I will leave it up to our future HOF coach. (at least I think he's going to be a HOF coach) The best coach in WU and WSU history.

If Bill Snyder deserves to get the benefit to fire himself, our coach deserves to get the benefit of doubt to get a year to get this team to play good basketball. I haven't determined that this year is lost but I still think we can be a tough basketball team by the end of the year who may or may not be a Tournament team but is a tough out for Top 25-40 Teams.
                            Why is it a dumb question?

Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shockm
                              Shockm commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think I explained. If you think that Marshall is done with this team, and has no idea where to go next, fine.

The last game was humbling, and I still hold out hope that he can coach players to a "winning" chemistry. I don't care how he does it. Anyone can come off of the bench and anyone can start. Our point guards obviously are a large part of the problem, and don't lead an offense, but this team has a lot of "warts" and no one has zero responsibility. Rebounding is sometimes very poor, selfishness sometimes creeps in, outside shooting is really inconsistent, our post play often is bad. And then at times, these areas are good. Does our team not have the ability to compete with OU, or was this game not a true indicator of our ability? When things go bad for this young team, we went down the tubes against the Sooners. I hope this doesn't continue.
                          Working...
                          X