Wichita State vs. Jacksonville State Pregame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok ok ok WSU by anything
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I sincerely hope we can get the ball inside and dominate the paint. They play, for the most part, two 6-7 guys. A 6-11 freshman, a 6-8 junior and a 6-6 freshman either barely play or not at all. If we don't live in the paint I'll be stunned, and terribly disappointed.

Comment

What WSU’s offense has to do to end 60 straight minutes of bad basketball Wednesday

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE

The stretch is up to a full hour now, 60 straight minutes of some of the worst men’s basketball that has ever been played under Gregg Marshall at Wichita State.

WSU has been outscored by 53 points, 128-75, in its last three halves. An offense that was once pumping out an above-average 1.08 points per possession has now sputtered to 0.68 points per possession over its last 110 possessions. For reference, the worst offense in Division I, Delaware State, scores 0.74 points per possession.

What the players saw on film didn’t resemble anything like what they experience in practice every day. “It was the spacing, it was the ball movement, it was moving without the ball,” WSU freshman Dexter Dennis said. “Everything was bad. Really bad.”

Marshall’s offense depends on crisp passing, moving with a purpose without the ball and good screening. But when all three of those things are absent, like they were against OU — WSU recorded a season low for passes completed in the halfcourt and settled for 44 jump shots, many of them contested — the offense sputters.

But the thing that bothers Marshall the most right now is that neither Haynes-Jones or junior Ricky Torres have assumed control of the team on the court.

“We honestly don’t have a floor general right now that understands what we’re trying to accomplish,” Marshall said on his radio show. “Somebody is going to have to be a leader on the floor other than me and orchestrate our team and get us some spacing, some ball movement, some player movement. We’re just going to have to keep working on it.”

Comment

• asiseeit
          asiseeit commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I've been saying over and over

Hey bitches...……...IT'S GAMEDAY !!

Comment

I will take any win—whatever the margin. Don’t care about style points either.

Comment

Working...
          X