• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The asylum inmates are escaping.

Comment

65957409.jpg
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don’t think this an instant over reaction. This is more like confirmation of what many of us already suspected.

A few times, I sat sat near the bench during game situations to see who pulled a lot of the tactical strings. HCGM was allowed to get emotional, ride refs, flip out, cheer, motivate because Jans was carrying enough of the tactical load.

Forbes eventually gained a similar trust. We are at square one for this group of assistants. Hopefully it comes fast.

Comment

HCGM will never allow over stacking a senior class again. Losing to a team of that quality by that many points is not acceptable and frankly surprising by a Marshall coached team.
          With all that money being paid to the BB program, there is but one thing to say...

From the movie Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks and Matt Damon

... and I’m confident he shall.
          Last edited by Veritas; December 9, 2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

watched coach jans last night in kc almost take down the semi-pro team from larry.. fine fine job by mr jans... a tactician he is.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
              I don’t think this an instant over reaction. This is more like confirmation of what many of us already suspected.

A few times, I sat sat near the bench during game situations to see who pulled a lot of the tactical strings. HCGM was allowed to get emotional, ride refs, flip out, cheer, motivate because Jans was carrying enough of the tactical load.

Forbes eventually gained a similar trust. We are at square one for this group of assistants. Hopefully it comes fast.
              Not good enough data for me. You’re data was just your observations. Last year, until the NCAA Tournament, the yearly data was of another Top 20 (sometimes Top 10) Team. The prior year and the years prior all showed us in the Top 20 and defeating Arizona, Dayton, Northern Iowa during a very successful year, KU, and Indiana, etc. and staying in the Top 20. We drop this year but others like Gonzaga have significantly dropped one year or so and are back. If you’re saying we lost our edge for a year, then ok but we will be back.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes our observations can be a bit better than the rankings. Polls had us Top 5 to start and I didn't believe that for a minute. I can point to 4-6 games in the non-con that indicated we were not Top 10 either. I'll concede Top 15-25 range.

I wouldn't over-play my hand if I were you by making an example of Gonzaga having "significantly" dropped one year or so. You do know they've made the Dance 20 years in a row, R32 17 times, and S16 9 times. They are the poster boys of consistancy.

But the polls are just a popularity (marketing) thing. Seriously if we had the name Kentucky or Syracuse on our jerseys right now at 4-4 we'd be getting "others receiving votes". And so would 300 other teams. Top-5 or Top-10 last year was great even if we didn't necessarily deserve it. But the powers that be deemed it. And for a recruiting standpoint...I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday. And so will Kentucky fans.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                From the way things look today, we should have let Marshall go to 'Bama and just promoted Jans. The skeptics who questioned what WSU would do once Baker and VanVleet were gone are starting to look a little smarter now than they did 3 years ago.
                This is sarcasm, right?
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This is sarcasm, right?
                  It is a controversial comment no doubt but I immediately thought back to Gene Stephenson. Our baseball program would be in a helluva lot better shape today had Gene never returned.

Now had Marshall left I would have gouged my eyes out and worn sack cloth and ash for 2 years but ask yourself honestly, do you think the program would have slipped from where it is today had Jans took over the Summer of 2015?

I mean this with NO DISRESPECT TO GREGG MARSHALL. He is the greatest coach we've ever had. I'm just speaking hypothetically.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jans wouldn’t have gotten the job in 2015, if for no reason than the incident that got him fired from Bowling Green. Gregg’s raise was announced on April 1 (night of biggest SN audience). The announcement of Chris getting fired was very next day.

I love Chris as much as anyone, but I’m not sure we could have hired him immediately after him getting fired.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Zero chance... it was TMZ stuff!

TGIM!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It is a controversial comment no doubt but I immediately thought back to Gene Stephenson. Our baseball program would be in a helluva lot better shape today had Gene never returned.

Now had Marshall left I would have gouged my eyes out and worn sack cloth and ash for 2 years but ask yourself honestly, do you think the program would have slipped from where it is today had Jans took over the Summer of 2015?

I mean this with NO DISRESPECT TO GREGG MARSHALL. He is the greatest coach we've ever had. I'm just speaking hypothetically.

T

...:cool:
                    What?! Did you all sell off your retirement stocks because of today's downturn?

Comment

Working...
                  X