Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan
    Aargh,

Do you think that if we don't get Ellis that Early will play SG primarily?
    If Early got one minute at SG, I'd be shocked, but I've been shocked before. That's just a reference to one scouting report that said he had NBA potential as a guard. That opened the door to penciling Early in as a guard in all these fantasy lineups we talk about in the off-season.

Now that we know that Ellis will be a wing at WSU (according to his Mom), we can have all kinds of fun with different-looking lineups. Here's an interesting one a couple years down the road.

PG - VanVleet - 5'11"
    SG - Early - 6'8"
    SF - Ellis - 6'8"
    PF - White - 6'8"
    C - Watson - 6'7"

There you go. A lineup with the SG taller than the C. Do I think it will ever happen? No way, but strange things always seem to happen in basketball in different situations.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
      Aargh,

Do you think that if we don't get Ellis that Early will play SG primarily?
      If Early got one minute at SG, I'd be shocked, but I've been shocked before. That's just a reference to one scouting report that said he had NBA potential as a guard. That opened the door to penciling Early in as a guard in all these fantasy lineups we talk about in the off-season.

Now that we know that Ellis will be a wing at WSU (according to his Mom), we can have all kinds of fun with different-looking lineups. Here's an interesting one a couple years down the road.

PG - VanVleet - 5'11"
      SG - Early - 6'8"
      SF - Ellis - 6'8"
      PF - White - 6'8"
      C - Watson - 6'7"

There you go. A lineup with the SG taller than the C. Do I think it will ever happen? No way, but strange things always seem to happen in basketball in different situations.

I'd a lot sooner have fun with lineups by putting a 6'8" PF at SG than putting 6'4" Couisnard at PF, which happened from time to time in games.

It's more fun to play with lineup possibilities when there are more than 2 (potentially) productive players on the team taller than 6'5" (like the 2006 team).
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wow more great press.Great day to be a Shocker
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
        X