No announcement yet.

WSU-Baylor 300 Tickets Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what a properly done fan smartphone show is supposed to look like. Well done, SKC. Too bad the team couldn't close the deal against the Timbers.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
      Shocktoberfest commented
      Editing a comment
      You do know this would never work at our games right? I've been paying attention lately. I'd wager a bet the average age at our games is mid 60s. But that is very cool. Too bad soccer sucks. Ha!

While we're spitballing ideas, how about doing a tffo with the student section? And the notion is they are different for every game. Imagine if we had hoisted a tifo of Dave The Rave last Saturday?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Walker
      Walker commented
      Editing a comment
      The student section has been pretty good but I think it would serve the Shocker Maniacs and Marshalville well to see a Sporting game. Soccer hooligans don't mess around. Pretty cool.

Is there anybody who goes to watch basketball anymore?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

yes, we do go to watch basketball but you can do that at home for next to nothing. we go for the entire experience. mrs sharif and i went to salt lake city a few weeks ago for the sporting kansas vs salt lake city match and happened to grab a seat at the bar of a restaurant with three of the sporting kansas owners. they could have moved to a private table but were quick shake hands, invite us to eat with them, and thank us for making the journey. thank you to pat curran, craig maday, and robb heinemann. they understand that people have choices and can watch at home. i’d never met them before, but they were very interested in how mrs sharif and i became sporting kansas fans and what kept us spending our money to drive from wichita to kc for not only the games but the hotel, food, gas, etc.. we told them all it was the entire package. the team... from the guys on the field to the execs in the office and how they all have always made us feel welcome and part of the club. they said that they have a team of interns and staff as well as a fan committee that are constantly working on the fan experence. not only did they ask, but i could tell that they were really listening. i was a sporting kansas fan before that dinner but left an advocate for the club and what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
        yes, we do go to watch basketball but you can do that at home for next to nothing. we go for the entire experience. mrs sharif and i went to salt lake city a few weeks ago for the sporting kansas vs salt lake city match and happened to grab a seat at the bar of a restaurant with three of the sporting kansas owners. they could have moved to a private table but were quick shake hands, invite us to eat with them, and thank us for making the journey. thank you to pat curran, craig maday, and robb heinemann. they understand that people have choices and can watch at home. i’d never met them before, but they were very interested in how mrs sharif and i became sporting kansas fans and what kept us spending our money to drive from wichita to kc for not only the games but the hotel, food, gas, etc.. we told them all it was the entire package. the team... from the guys on the field to the execs in the office and how they all have always made us feel welcome and part of the club. they said that they have a team of interns and staff as well as a fan committee that are constantly working on the fan experence. not only did they ask, but i could tell that they were really listening. i was a sporting kansas fan before that dinner but left an advocate for the club and what they do.
        Fantastic. So now will you want/demand to have drinks with Bardo/Boartight/Marshall before every Shockeer game to "get the entire experience"? In my day, it was the band, cheerleaders and the team. That was enough. Saw some wonderful games and players, without bluetooth, laser lights, viseo orgasms or the like. When they have stuff like halftime performances, many of those on here complained. Now they complain because they don't have it. Now we have videos, but they're not good enough. If you're paying for the ticket to see the siode show and not the game, you're missing the point.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
          abdullah_sharif commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, don’t want a god-damned thing other than the university i care about and have shared tens of thousands of dollars with over the last ten years to listen to what its fans want. I don’t think that is too much to ask. 70% of people won’t take the time to suggest improvement.. they vote with their feet and wallet. I care, but its gotten to a point where its borderline insanity to expect anything different that what we are experiencing now. I’d be the first to help pull together an advisory committee to improve the game experience.. i’ve offered. Crickets.

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Is there anybody who goes to watch basketball anymore?
        The diehards and fully-vested fans probably only care about the basketball. But a large percentage of people there don't just go for that and that probably correlates with many of the heavy hitters, i.e. corporate folks. I'm only there for the basketball but I understand that it should be the total experience, especially for what is paid on a per game basis. They have an in-game production crew. What's the point of having one then? Certainly not to suck ass? The production represents the university and when tv and out-of-town folks also come to visit, what's the impression you wanna give them? A high major basketball team with a low major production? And I'm not even touching the recruiting aspect of all of this. This isn't the 1930's anymore.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          You change that time period to the 1990's or early 2000s and your statement is just as true, Fev.

You no longer have to go to the game to see it (experience the game, yes) and do it in more comfort, less trouble, and a whole lot less money.

So if you're going to get people to continue to come, something's gotta give. Well, we know it isn't going to be cut the cost to the fan. So, that leaves making the "whole" game experience better. If you're going to do that, do the best you can. It was only a few years ago WSU was winning awards this stuff. Now, they're cutting back on half time "privileges" and pretty much have less to no half time entertainment. Now, you get to go through metal detectors and such, so you may have to stand out in the cold (or worse) longer. Ah, but they "gave" us liquor and beer, but no lids for water bottles that don't fix the cup holders. Now we use timeouts to silence the cheering crowd. But they gave us better lighting to do cool intros with. If only the music didn't suck.

The biggest problem with the athletic program is they view it as us vs them. The think they are so smart and that any idea from outside the department is a poor one.

Comment

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
          The biggest problem with the athletic program is they view it as us vs them. The think they are so smart and that any idea from outside the department is a poor one.
          This is a true statement and is further backed up by Boatright's moronic twitter response a month ago to a former production member/student.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            The athletic department is clueless when it comes to service and the customers. Some time spent working for a first class customer oriented organization would go a long way.

Over and over again they make things as painful as possible with no real incentive or advantage gained by them. I am just a small time dude paying SASO since 2002, but I have multiple friends of long time donors (with names on the arena) who have been treated worse.

It is super frustrating, because Gregg’s success makes their job a freaking lay-up.
        Working...
        X