President Bardo hospitalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bardo hospitalized

I know this isn't men's basketball related, but it is the university president.

Vice President for Strategic Communication Lou Heldman confirmed that Bardo, 70, is being hospitalized for a flare-up of a chronic lung condition.

Heldman said Bardo is “fully conscious and involved” in making university decisions but that he will not be back in time to attend fall commencement on Dec. 16. Bardo has been hospitalized since “before Thanksgiving,” Heldman said.

Dec 16th....that doesn’t sound good.

Comment

I saw and briefly visited with President Bardo early in November and the first thing that went through my mind was "this isn't good". Certainly hoping for a quick and complete recovery but always nervous when I hear "chronic" and "lung condition" used in the same phrase, and when they tell you to expect to be in the hospital for at least 45 days, perhaps longer. Best wishes to President Bardo and thoughts and prayers to his entire family.

Comment

I’m not a COPD expert and have not known anyone with it, but it sounds miserable.

Comment

Praying and hoping he gets better.

Comment

My dad has COPD. It never really goes away and it's a long road.

Best wishes and prayers to The Bardo and his family.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Hope he gets better. Loved his Wichita to the AAC presser.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I saw and briefly visited with President Bardo early in November and the first thing that went through my mind was "this isn't good". Certainly hoping for a quick and complete recovery but always nervous when I hear "chronic" and "lung condition" used in the same phrase, and when they tell you to expect to be in the hospital for at least 45 days, perhaps longer. Best wishes to President Bardo and thoughts and prayers to his entire family.
              So that was your first impression when you saw him in early November or your first impression when you read he was in the hospital?

Comment

Leonard Nimoy had COPD.

The Bardo is the greatest president this university has ever known. I hope he lives to 100, but if he dies tomorrow, he will have given us 10x what anybody before him and after him ever could.

The Bardo legend lives forever.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Bardo hasn't only changed the campus, he's revitalized the entire area.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                  X