Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a great Thanksgiving Shockernetters!

And to you as well.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all! Safe travels for those of you hitting the road!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I'm in Paradise and Maglia, CA working the wildfire losses over Thanksgiving. Hoooray! I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner at my hotel's restaurant, mmmmmmm delicious. If Teddy can be cleared today, I will be thankful and all will be right in the world.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay safe, and thank you for your service.

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Kudos for your service.

• Calshockfan
          Calshockfan commented
          Editing a comment
          I am currently in the Bay Area which has been breathing the smoke from that fire. thank You.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the ShockerNet family here who allow me an outlet where I can come and discuss various passions amongst friends and foe alike.

Somewhere I always feel like I'm more informed, no matter the subject, after visiting.

I am thankful to have diverse individuals with whom to exchange thoughts and ideas and opinions.

And I am thankful for the ongoing friendships here and for the ability, good fortune and providence to be able to share some things with my Shocker brothers and sisters.

I hope all of you enjoy the holiday with your family and friends in health and happiness and may we all be grateful for the bounties bestowed upon us by our Creator.

Love and Peace to all of you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Go Shocks!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving. May your blessings be many, your optimism rampant, ​​​your conspiracy theories few and your parinoia under control. Oh, and may your pants and belts be stretchy ones.
                Last edited by wusphlash; November 21, 2018, 02:07 PM.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Flat Wu and Tommy.jpg

Me, Flat Wu, and his new bestie 'Tommy" wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your family and friends!!!

:cowbell::poster_shocks:

Comment

I'm compelled to clarify my earlier post. Some kind words were sent my way but I don't deserve them. I'm not in the military or a fire fighter. I work for a major insurance company and my colleagues and I are trying to get our customers paid. My employer insures approximately 60 percent of the homes in Paradise, so we're pretty busy at the moment. The loss of life is a total bummer but the survivors and evacuees are struggling too. There are so many people without a home. The Chico, CA area, where this occurred, is a small college town so the number of available rentals for temporary housing is almost non-existent. They've got a makeshift tent city in the parking lot of the local Walmart for a lot of these folks. Totally sucks what they're going through and not being able to enjoy tomorrow.

Sacremento is the largest metro to Chico and it's still 90 minutes south. We're advancing our customers 12 months of Additional Living Expense funds but they can't use this money to rent anything close. A lot are having to find housing in Reno, NV or Sacramento. There are so many people unaccounted for, law enforcement is not allowing insurance companies into the area. Only PG&E, law enforcement, National Guard, fire fighters, and medical examiners are allowed. A lot of elderly people lived in Paradise and it's feared many did not make it out. Most of the homes are burned to the ground, so they are sifting through the rubble to find bone fragments. That's why they aren't letting any people into the area as to not disturb the homes because they're still looking.

It does look like a war zone. There are pockets of areas around Paradise, especially in the mountainous/hilly areas where you will see 10-20 buzzards circling above what is more than likely a dead horse, cow or deer. Every so often you'll look up and there they are. Very weird to see. You'll also see on one side of the road, everything is normal, but the opposite side, it's burnt land as far as you can see. I supervise a group of representatives who are handling these catastrophe claims. We''ve handled wildfire claims before, but this particular event is unprecedented since I've been around.

P.S. My first job out of college, I was a cop for the Wichita P.D. so I did serve my community. So don't feel too guilty for thanking for my service. :)

Comment

• wichshock65
                      wichshock65 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you and god bless.

Paradise California certainly puts things in perspective.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!! Count your blessings and SMILE!!!! :)
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                        It does look like a war zone. There are pockets of areas around Paradise, especially in the mountainous/hilly areas where you will see 10-20 buzzards circling above what is more than likely a dead horse, cow or deer. Every so often you'll look up and there they are. Very weird to see. You'll also see on one side of the road, everything is normal, but the opposite side, it's burnt land as far as you can see. I supervise a group of representatives who are handling these catastrophe claims. We''ve handled wildfire claims before, but this particular event is unprecedented since I've been around.

P.S. My first job out of college, I was a cop for the Wichita P.D. so I did serve my community. So don't feel too guilty for thanking for my service. :)
                        Can you post a couple of pictures (obviously nothing that would infringe on anybody's privacy)?
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X