Teddy Allen Update 11-20-18!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
    The mental health professional disagrees with your assessment.
    Was just going to post this. A lot of keyboard warriors that think they know better. They must work at the NCAA in their spare time.
    Last edited by Stickboy46; November 23, 2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a keyboard warrior with no war. I'm obsolete.

CSNBBS still dead?

T

...:cool:

• Teddy made some bad choices in his life. It's really obvious he should have chosen different parents and he absolutely should have chosen a different community for the first 16 years of his life. Terrible choices.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      Life isn't fair.........period. TA has had some bad breaks but has also had some good
      ones or he wouldn't be in college with loads of basketball talent. How many kids today
      would love to be where he is at today? I don't know all his "issues" but I know he is in
      a good place right now regardless of the NCAA's decision. Not feeling sorry for him or
      the program. It is what it is. Play ball !

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      "Life isn't fair.........period." -asiseeit

Dead on! Perhaps the greatest lesson anybody can learn in their lifetime. The second would be the need to continually be attempting to change the odds back into your favor by making great life choices.

T

• C'mon people. Teddy's gonna get to play a lot of basketball this year, likely more than he would ever want. He has an opportunity to make our team MUCH better in the practice gym. He can spend every moment out of the classroom with Kerry or one of the coaches transforming his mind, body, and spirit into the ultimate machine.

Playing big-time D1 ball under the bright lights in front of 10.5k every night is a privilege, not a right. The gods have determined that Teddy has to earn back that opportunity.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      C'mon people. Teddy's gonna get to play a lot of basketball this year, likely more than he would ever want. He has an opportunity to make our team MUCH better in the practice gym. He can spend every moment out of the classroom with Kerry or one of the coaches transforming his mind, body, and spirit into the ultimate machine.

Playing big-time D1 ball under the bright lights in front of 10.5k every night is a privilege, not a right. The gods have determined that Teddy has to earn back that opportunity.

T

Man... I sure don't consider the NCAA gods....

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't either but I understand full well how that title could be attributed to them. I was using it as a term for fate.

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 23, 2018, 02:22 PM.

• If every basketball player who smoked weed had to sit out a year to earn back their opportunity to play in college, there might not be enough teams left with at least 5 players to fill out the NCAA tourney.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Harken back to the reaction Shockernetters had when we discovered that we were in the hunt for Teddy's services. It was probably 75% negative based on the on-court behavior and the stories of him telling his coaches off. The NCAA saw all this too and probably much more after getting a full serving straight from the WVU horse's mouth. Teddy doesn't look like a charity case in that light.

Teddy doesn't play like a charity case either and that's to our benefit if Teddy can use this tiny defeat as motivation instead of an avenue for self-destruction. I'm a huge Teddy fan and can't wait to see him on the court in live games. I am also excited at the prospect of him ripping our youngin's a new one in practice every day just like the much smaller VanVleet used to do. Iron sharpens iron.

This will only make us stronger.

T

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        We discovered that we were in the hunt for him? When did we discover that? Was he ever on the recruiting forum ?

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        When I first heard his name, his comments to his coaches, and watched videos of him grandstanding for the crowd I said, "pass". He was discussed prior to the official news of transfer somewhere on here. I softened as more and more came out on him (personal interviews) including his propensity to make opponents his b!tch.

T

• This unfortunately make this year’s already oversized class even more oversized.

i wouldn’t be surprised if WSU went over another scholarship than they already had planned, and I believe they had already planned to go at least a second scholarship before this decision came out.
      The Assman

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        If Teddy is as good as everyone is saying, he won't be here longer than two years.

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        don't think so

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        And just where do you think Teddy's going? He'd better work on hitting 3s at better clip than the Mendoza Line at 6'5" and not a PG.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I wonder if it would have been approved had he gone back to Creighton or UNO
      Teddy attempted to play for BJ and was rejected?

T

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        News to me as well

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe the article said he reached out to Nebraska and Creighton and they both passed.

• Comment

• TheShocktocles
        TheShocktocles commented
        Editing a comment
        A great leader once said " Success is not final, and failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.
    Working...
    X