Teddy Allen Update 11-20-18!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
    Does anyone have stats on the success of these types of appeals? Does it ever happen or is it just wishful thinking?
    68 Waivers filed
    27 Approved
    23 Open
    18 denied

Comment

The NCAA is a corrupt organization.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

I'm still confused why West Virginia is involved in the process at all. That's like having to get approval from your ex to get legally remarried to someone else.

Comment

• wushock27
          wushock27 commented
          Editing a comment
          They have to approve it, just like Wichita State had to approve Lomax getting out of his LOI....

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I'm still confused why West Virginia is involved in the process at all. That's like having to get approval from your ex to get legally remarried to someone else.
        NCAA Criteria for Waiver

1. Documented circumstances outside the athlete's control impacting his health or well-being,
        2. Good standing athletically and academically
        3. Progress toward a degree at new school
        4. Previous schools AD does not oppose the request

Comment

In past years this had a slim chance, this year based on the criteria, I thought it was a lock. Only reasonable explanation is WVA and Huggins blocked it based on things they had. Should be seen as extremely petty of them but that’s what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

NCAA Criteria for Waiver

1. Documented circumstances outside the athlete's control impacting his health or well-being,
            Yes, I know that it is an official criteria. Just saying it's dumb that they have that power.

Comment

I am completely ignorant of NCAA rules so this may be wrong.

Per 14.5.5.2.10(d)

If the student is transferring from an NCAA or NAIA member institution, the student’s previous institution shall certify in writing that it has no objection to the student’s being granted an exception to the transfer-residence requirement. If the student’s previous institution denies his or her request for the release, the institution shall inform the student-athlete in writing that he or she, upon request, shall be provided a hearing conducted by an institutional entity or committee outside of the athletics department (e.g., the office of student affairs; office of the dean of students; or a committee composed of the faculty athletics representative, student-athletes and nonathletics faculty/staff members). The institution shall have established reasonable procedures for promptly hearing such a request.

Hopefully this wont drag out too long.

Comment

It's the butthurt coach rule. St John's Chris Mullin did it to UCONN last year.

Comment

• SB Shock
                  SB Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Evansville did it to Missouri this year, and their AD went on record admitting it.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

NCAA Criteria for Waiver

Maybe WV had no issue and the NCAA didn't believe #1 had been met....

Just wondering, in his time at WV, what was out of his control? I get all the stuff beforehand, but from the time he started at WV, I didn't see what event transpired that was out of his control.

I read the Athletic article and all I read was there was too much freedom at WV, so he smoked weed all the time.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• bleednblackngold
                  bleednblackngold commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smh. And this sounds like a young man that doesn’t need help? Wow

• SB Shock
                  SB Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is very possible. I frankly thought it was a weak case.

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Maybe WV had no issue and the NCAA didn't believe #1 had been met....

Just wondering, in his time at WV, what was out of his control? I get all the stuff beforehand, but from the time he started at WV, I didn't see what event transpired that was out of his control.

I read the Athletic article and all I read was there was too much freedom at WV, so he smoked weed all the time.
                I wondered that after reading the article. He admitted to being "baked" all the time after a certain point That is an NCAA violation, and a cause for suspension. Perhaps denying the waiver is a polite way of suspending.

Comment

• bleednblackngold
                  bleednblackngold commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rational thinking. Unbelievable

• RoyalShock
                  RoyalShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. That's what I was alluding to in my earlier post about off the court behaviors.

Ya admitting you smoked weed all day is not a good look... And a stupid thing to admit when you're looking for a waiver to play right away

Comment

• Shockadaisical
                  Shockadaisical commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here's hoping that now that it is out in the open that he will get the help he needs to get focused. Bummer for him that he has to sit out a year, but he will add a lot next year to a team that should be starting to figure out how to play together.

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Show me a troubled kid that tells the raw truth -- even when it hurts -- and I will show you a kid with hope in turning his life around.

• TheShocktocles
                  TheShocktocles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand how this may look, but if this is true and he admitted to doing this then it proves he is not a liar . He may need help but he still has the character to tell the truth. This is a good step for recovery . Way to man up Teddy and keep going forward.

I've been silent on this until now. I would like to see a positive statement from GM that TA is now on a
                positive path and that ALL previous "issues" have been resolved. If there are ANY questions about that then
                it might be in the PROGRAM's best interest to give him another year to work on any problem areas. If
                GM can confidently say TA has corrected all previous issues then I'd love to have him play asap but I want
                the integrity of our program to come first.

Comment

Since this is a personal matter I don't think TA or GM owes anybody a public statement. If Teddy wishes to do so, power to him. As far as Gregg goes, he does need to make sure Teddy's issues are monitored and any further transgressions addressed. This needs to take place internally, not publically. Just my opinion.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Since this is a personal matter I don't think TA or GM owes anybody a public statement. If Teddy wishes to do so, power to him. As far as Gregg goes, he does need to make sure Teddy's issues are monitored and any further transgressions addressed. This needs to take place internally, not publically. Just my opinion.
                    Normally, I would totally agree with this. The problem now is that his personal life has been made public, with his own doing, and a lot of laundry has been aired. As we're seeing here, it is very hard for most who read this board to understand how it is possible that the NCAA grants a waiver for one on something seemingly trivial, yet deny a waiver for another which could literally negatively impact their mental well being of which a doctor wrote to the NCAA about. Further more, how Teddy now conducts himself, and how Marshall, staff, and WSU oversees him, could have a big impact (one way or another) to the university and the basketball program in particular. To a lesser degree, I guess, those who contribute to WSU and the athletic program and their standing within the public that it could all affect. I'm not saying this changes my mind, but this whole thing certainly has a different spin to it.

Comment

A couple thoughts:

1) I remember our last Big 12 transfer having an issue with alcohol. How about we trust the process WSU has and allow things to play out naturally.

and

2) https://youtu.be/uUPHlAbAf2I

Comment

Working...
                      X