Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Teddy Allen be granted a waiver by the NCAA to play in the 2018-19 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Losses are never good for a program. You win and you win as much as you can against the best competition you can face. We needed Teddy two weeks ago.

T

...:cool:

Comment

TA can play. He has excellent basketball instincts. He was the best player on the court at Madness.
      My concern, at this point, is how he will effect team chemistry and who's minutes he will eat up.
      Personally, I'm an advocate of moving ES to PG. He also has good instincts and sees the court. He plays
      good defense. RT has the PG mentality but I think he has been a liability defensively. Unless SHJ or RT
      start improving offensively I'd like to see us play a bigger line up / bigger longer guards. ES, DD and MM
      give us three very good perimeter defenders. Then, with TA, we would have a lot of good options at the 4/5
      to go with them. JB filling in at 1/3. I'm hoping for a favorable ruling and this kind of team direction.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I believe ES deserves a shot at PG and I think he will get that shot. He has VERY long arms for his height which allows him to thread some pretty nifty passes around defenders. He also enjoys the additional threat that if someone guards him too tightly, he can blow by, soar to the cup and posterize.

People really haven't seen the full ES yet... he's trying hard to play within the system and not **** up. Once he has everything down and gets relaxed, he's gonna drop some jaws with his athleticism.

T

...:cool:

• Steeleshocker
        Steeleshocker commented
        Editing a comment
        My only concern about ES at PG is he's good for a couple of dumb passes a game where he tries to throw the ball through too tight of a window. If he can manage to value the ball a little better I'm game.

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        ES not ready for that. He has had enough on his plate learning one position.

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      TA can play. He has excellent basketball instincts. He was the best player on the court at Madness.
      My concern, at this point, is how he will effect team chemistry and who's minutes he will eat up.
      Personally, I'm an advocate of moving ES to PG. He also has good instincts and sees the court. He plays
      good defense. RT has the PG mentality but I think he has been a liability defensively. Unless SHJ or RT
      start improving offensively I'd like to see us play a bigger line up / bigger longer guards. ES, DD and MM
      give us three very good perimeter defenders. Then, with TA, we would have a lot of good options at the 4/5
      to go with them. JB filling in at 1/3. I'm hoping for a favorable ruling and this kind of team direction.
      I don’t think we have viable options to move MM to the three, and you’ve also removed all your ball handlers from the line-up with DD and MM on the wings. MM is locked into the 4 spot as IPBC and Rod Brown are not as ready as our new guards. If/when Teddy is cleared, he will play the 3 and back-up MM at the 4. With DD as his back-up at the 3, the two forward positions are SPICY!

JE and MU at the 5.

Burton plays little to no 3 and is relegated to PG duties. The 1 and 2 would tighten up significantly on minutes with Allen’s entry onto the floor.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Teddy plays the 3, MM at 4, Echenique at 5, Dennis at 2 and Burton at 1. ES and SHJ first guards off the bench with MU and RB coming I down low.

Comment

RB isn’t coming in at the 4 anytime soon. Much work to do before he is ready for double digit minutes.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Given he has a year on most of the others, that's not a glowing statement.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Teddy plays the 3, MM at 4, Echenique at 5, Dennis at 2 and Burton at 1. ES and SHJ first guards off the bench with MU and RB coming I down low.
          While Dexter has guard potential, he needs to tighten up the handles before he plays a guard position for many minutes. Pressure defense would give him a problem and the Shockers many turnovers.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            If Teddy becomes eligible, that better happen quickly.

Not only yes but hell yes! I don't like transfers not having to sit a year, but if others get it he better dam sure get aoked also.

Comment

Working...
          X