• Show
Clear All

• Cut the Cable, Watch the Shockers

Here are a few ways you can watch the Shocks:

Playstation Vue Core's package ($49.95/mo) - decent quality/good guide

Youtube TV ($40/mo) - unknown quality/okay guide

Hulu Live TV ($39.99/mo) - unknown quality/poor guide

Possibly also:

Sling TV ($25/mo) - marginal quality/so-so guide -- They have ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN3 -- can't remember if they have ESPNU. Does NOT have CBS Sports Network, so you will be missing out on many games with Sling (but it's the cheapest if you just want it for a game or two that IS on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3).

Opinions on the quality of the stream and guide are mine -- others should feel free to post their own experiences here.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    When: Fri, November 16, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
    TV: ESPNU
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM
    Streaming Audio: http://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=2596

If you have cut the cord you can watch this with a subcription to these services:

(Note: You can purchase any of these services for a single month and then cancel. They are all easy to cancel, and have no contracts.)

Playstation Vue Core's package ($45.95/mo + $10 sports package) - decent quality/good guide

Youtube TV ($40/mo) - unknown quality/decent guide

Hulu Live TV ($39.99/mo) - unknown quality/poor guide

Possibly also:

Sling TV ($25/mo) - marginal quality/so-so guide -- They have ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 -- can't remember if they have ESPNU.
    Not at all relevant to the game, but I've tried every "cord cutting" service and YouTube TV is by far my favorite and the one I've stuck with.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; November 16, 2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• shockfan89_
      shockfan89_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Sling TV is now $25/mo and the Orange package has ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3.

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed.

CBS sports network which has 10 shocker games this season is only available on YouTubeTV and HuluLiveTV.
    I am not sure why you have YouTubeTV as as poor guide. One can search wichita State Mens Basketball and click on reminder and record buttons once. It will record (unlimited storage) all the games and will also send reminder before each game.
    Last edited by Shree; November 16, 2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      That isn't correct. Playstation Vue (and many others) also offer CBS Sports Network. Youtube TV has good "search" functionality -- that's different than a guide. COX has the gold standard guide and everything is compared with them. Youtube TV's guide is mobile centric and takes a lot more scrolling to find what you want to find. I'll upgrade it to "decent", but it's not as good as others. The search functionality and recording you describe is true of PS Vue and Hulu as well.

• kcshocker11
      kcshocker11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Directtv ch221

Lord help me... I'm considering going back to Cox. :( I'm tired of non-HD, buffering, freezing, etc. Watching this 'young' team is going to be a roller coaster ride and I don't need the extra stress trying to watch a game. I'm sure they'll welcome be back with open arms and a deal I can't refuse. Cox, you win!

I know what you're sayin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Dark Lord
      Dark Lord commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not sell your soul to those bastards at Cox.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Bottomline is we want technology to work. Sometime you have to pay for that convenience.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I know Dark Lord, many moons ago, I coined the phrase “Cox Suckers”... :)

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Not at all relevant to the game, but I've tried every "cord cutting" service and YouTube TV is by far my favorite and the one I've stuck with.
    Seconded. I've tried them all, and I've been very happy with YouTube TV. Cloud DVR is so handy. It always auto-records the Shockers for me, and I never have to worry about missing a game.

Edit to add: not that the others don't have that functionality or whatever. Just been very happy with YouTube TV.
    Last edited by jdshock; November 16, 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I'll give a thumbs up to HuluTV. I like it more than when I had SlingTV.

Comment

I have Hulu TV. And the user interface is less than great, but that is less important to me. One benefit to Hulu is that it bundles in the lower level subscription to regular Hulu content with commercials. So if you use Hulu to watch shows, it is one of the more cost effective options for live streaming.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of Cox suckers on this board.

Comment

I have PS Vue and have been generally very happy. I then watch via my PS4 downstairs or use the Chromecast upstairs and I never have problems with buffering, etc. But COX does have me for high speed internet, we just need to get Google Fiber to come to Wichita.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

PlayStation Vue with ESPN+

Comment

I plugged in my Colorado Springs zip and says YouTube tv not available in my area.

Comment

I have researched extensively and I settled on YoutubeTV and LOVE it.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I love cox. It works for me. I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, CBS, Yurview, and Youtube. Clearly it doesn't work for everyone. Thus, I do not miss many games. But this team play Up and Down and I don't know if it's a good idea to see them so much. Glad we won tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X