• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    We got no offense
    I was offended.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Teddy will help but don't expect much different results if we still don't run an offense and take **** shot after **** shot.
      I dunno I hear he at least makes those junk shots

Comment

• #freeanyonewhocanmakeashot

Comment

• Mcduffie, Jones, Stevenson shot a combined 15-47... ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            Mcduffie, Jones, Stevenson shot a combined 15-47... ouch
            That's the problem with teams with no offense. It's the same people shooting the same shots with most, if not all of them unassisted.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• TheShocktocles
              TheShocktocles commented
              Editing a comment
              Ricky Torres plays like a scared rabbit. He is part of the problem for our poor shooting. He is not aggressive and not a threat to shoot. So the same guys keep shooting over and over and missing. Looks at Tortes juco stats. Can somebody please tell me why this guy gives us nothing on offense?

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              Ricky was 1st team AA JUCO!!!

He looks nowhere near 1st team All City so far.

• I'm not channeling my inner Fever, but we are who we are. We have almost no post presence unless it's in transition, and are lacking at the PG position. I've said it before, but those things aren't changing anytime soon. Yes we can (and will I think) be better, but this is a team that is going to be offensively challenged all season, whether or not we get Teddy eligible.

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              Udeze will be really good but he’s still learning.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it's this season. We're just really young. No way around it.

• Does it really matter shocks are in the losers bracket against bad teams. At least a chance to win a couple and #freeteddy because the season is likely 3-0 with him.

Comment

• 1. McDuffie is a better spot up shooter than penetrator. He did too much penetrating tonight and not enough shooting. We coulda used more shots from him.
              2. Stevenson shoulda stopped shooting the 3 and try to get some mid range going. When your cold your cold.
              3. Dennis must learn how to stay in the game. Also, he can get to the rim but he can’t finish. He has a nice 3 point shot but doesn’t take enough.
              4. We still don’t know how to feed the post. Maybe our posts don’tknow how to get open.
              5. SHJ is so good at penetrating but has no clue what to do with the ball when he gets caught up in the trees.

these are the reasons we lost tonight.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                TheShocktocles commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally agree.

• Bluzrover
                Bluzrover commented
                Editing a comment
                ^This. I thought SHJ had a really nice dish to Udeze in the first half and was hopeful he'd do more of it. But alas, such was not the case. I'd also add that Ricky and Jamarius need to take those open shots when they have them. Or, maybe not. It just seemed that last night no one on our side was getting anything to fall. I don't have the means to go back and look but how many bunnies have we missed this season? When you can't even get shots to fall at the rim, kinda hard to get them to hit from 3-point land.

• Energy was good.

Decision making was bad.

Shot selection sucked.

There was zero offensive flow. Way too much one on one, trying to do it all alone by Jones and Stevenson.

McDuffie disappeared for way too long. Probably the fault of Jones and Stevenson.

Dennis has to stop committing dumbass fouls. Same with Jaime.

Do we have an offense?

Seniors disappointed once again.

McDuffie is too weak to attack the paint.

This tournament now offers nothing of substance as the losers bracket is nothing but a pit of despair.

I am hungry.
              The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• I think a couple of wins in the other side of the bracket might be better than getting crushed in the winners side. These guys need some confidence.... well everyone except SHJ, MM and ES. They have plenty to share.

Comment

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’d rather play against and lose to tougher competition.

Might as well get experience playing good teams.

• If we face Alabama, they will provide all the test we can handle.

Comment

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is a fact but much less than Purdue.

• Notre Dame 2017 anyone?

I don't want to get this started already, but much discussion last year about we consistently come out on the wrong end of games that are one possession with a minute or less to go. UK 2016; Hou, UC, and ND 2017, Davidson 2018...dammit! If we're going to play rock fights we better figure out a way to win some close ones.

Comment

• If DD gets to play 16-18 minutes, we win

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                    TheShocktocles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He needs to STOP FOULING AND PLAYING DUMB.

• proshox
                    proshox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let him foul out. He is good enough to risk it, it not important enough to worry about fouling out. Every minute he could have played with four fouls would have helped.

• How about #FreeChance ? Would like to see him get some run this tourney. As has been said, we need a bucket getter.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Chance and Poor Bear are taking defense and practice a bit too lightly. It's really odd for 3G not to have a deeper rotation this early in the season, despite the level of competition. Those two were borderline 4* IIRC so they're way overrated or just have yet to buy into Coach Marshall's system.

• Nice offense. Dribble around for a while and throw up a three, or try to penetrate without a plan.
                  "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Working...
                  X