Wichita State Fan base description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Wow, what a loser. Seems like some obsessed KU/KSU fan who probably is living off our tax dollars, who has nothing better to do with their existence. I bet they're pretty lonely too.
    Yeah - he is a fake shocker fan. Every reply is negative. He does read shockernet - bet he won’t man up to his comments.

Comment

This is totally conjecture, but I think when Gregg specifically calls out Shockernet, he isn't personally upset about what's said, but the ramifications that those comments can have with the ripple effect down the line. Is it going to make a kid like Reaves leave, or put a bad taste in a recruit's mouth that goes to check out the school's web presence or google's his name and goes "What's Shockernet and why is it the 3rd choice when I google my name?"

Gregg's a wolf, he doesn't care about the opinions of sheep. But he knows these kids are more like KD than Lebron when it comes to letting tweets and message board comments get under their skin.

Also SN is a very nuanced place, and we have a lot of long running things that people might not even understand the inside joke. There are people on here who truly post in "character" and they're not really like that if they were talking to a buddy at the bar about the Shox. There's the possibility you have a rival fan who has snuck in under the guise of being a Shocker fan. And generally there are just some nuts on here that aren't playing a character. But SN is one of the most even-keeled college sports message boards. Go to any of the major SEC message boards and see the hot garbage that gets posted.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
      X