• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• shock
      shock commented
      Editing a comment
      They are taking some deep threes. Not sure how I feel about that.

• Comment

• Helluva compliment to HC3GM, Mr. Cooley! I like this guy!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Let’s set up a H/H!!!
        The Assman

Comment

• TheShocktocles
          TheShocktocles commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes we are spoiled. And Marshall made us that way. But I think the criticism by the fans was not so much that we lost to Louisiana Tech but how they lost. The team did not play shocker basketball. And what is shocker basketball? Playing mentally tough, playing smart, taking open shots, rebounding, playing tough defense, making our free throws, and playing as a team. The fans did not have the benefit of watching McDuffie and Jones for four months in practice. The fans can only comment on what they saw in the three previous outings. And what the fans saw was not what we were used too. Thus the fans have a right to voice their opinions.

I am fine with Coach defending his players. I understand and support it. But I am also fine with fan support and criticism on how the team plays as long as it is respectfull. I did not read any personal or disrespectful comments made about the players. With all these new players it's going to be a long process. Maybe EVERYBODY better put on their big boy pants and man up. Go Shocks.

• I always liked Ed Cooley... seems like one of the good ones, imo.

I’m stuck in NC for a wedding... husbandly duties. Was checking my phone the entire rehearsal dinner. I do have CBSSports—will they have a replay? Any way to rewatch?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Can someone post a quick blurb on each player? Curious about how the boys look.
          Burton started at PG. Moved to SF when Torres came in. Very similar play to first game. He is good at getting to the bucket. Missed his shots from the field.

SHJ started at SG. Hit some shots. Out of control at times. Stat line says 8 assists! I don’t remember 6 of them. He looked quick.

Dennis started at SF. His game is less complete than the other freshman in the rotation. Can score, but is also out of control. He played a little PF in the second half and did okay. Needs to improve his handles.

McDuffie started poorly and then caught fire. Lots of hustle. A little out of control, but looked good shooting spot up jumpers and grabbing trash on the offensive side.

Echenique started at the 5 and played well. He got into foul trouble after about 8 minutes without a breather to open. He will be a handful this year if he can play smart.

Torres was first off the bench. Very quiet game.

Udeze in for JE. He was strong and under control. He used his size and athleticism to get the ball in the basket when inside of five feet. He bobbled a couple of balls, but didn’t loose control. He’s a beast but not at all polished.

Stevenson played a heady hustle game. He moves very well without the ball and hit a 30 footer to end the half.

That was the rotation on the night.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• pie n eye
            pie n eye commented
            Editing a comment
            I would add that Torres was quietly good. I mean it wasn’t anything to just stand up and shout about but I thought he made strides. And he seems to be a pretty good rebounder for his size. I think the light is flickering.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            JE doesn’t look like any of those guys. He’s long as hell but athletic. His arms are like windmills. He hit a 3 to open the game but didn’t attempt another one. He blocked several attempts late in the game.

• wusphlash
            wusphlash commented
            Editing a comment
            It was Dexter that hit the opening three, not Jaime.

• Had to bail right after the game, but what a freakin game by McDuffie. Best game of his career. You could tell 3G had him working on the things we talk about here, take open shots and rebound. He did not put the ball on the floor, which is what he does when he presses too much. He took what was given to him and made them pay. Proud of this kid, SHJ played better team ball tonight, got others involved. Amazing what happens when they try not to do too much.

Also so good to see the emergence of the Big 2 at the 5. I like the combo of these two guys. Too bad we can’t redshirt IPBC, he may not get a lot time this year playing behind these two.

Comment

• I love having a big like Udeze to dump the ball off down low to and let him muscle a basket in. Really strong and seems like he has a great touch 5 feet in.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
              TheShocktocles commented
              Editing a comment
              In time he can really be a good player for the shocks if he can develop that mid range shot like Carl Hall did his senior year. Right now he looks very strong down low. Glad the shocks started trying to get our big men involved in the offense.

• Wasn't able to watch the game. Listened to most of the 1st. half. Was able to check on the score now and again in the 2nd half. Enjoyed reading the comments on this thread.

Very nice to see the guys bounce back from a sub-par game against LaTech and it was nice to see that they didn't let the fast start by Providence rattle them.

Congrats to Matkis on his outstanding game.

Confidence is a valuable commodity in sports. Hope this win provides some of that for the Shocks.
            ​​​​​​​

Comment

• SHJ had eight assists tonight. He did a much better job of driving and dishing. He drove and picked his spots. He drove and then dribbled back out, drove and dished several passes for layups or dunks, and a few times he tried to shoot a tear drop, etc. Much better job of getting others involved and making them better.

Comment

• Tremendous to see MM and Jones step up like we hoped they would and play like the seniors they are. Should do wonders for everyone's confidence. A great win at a time we really needed one.

Comment

• Exactly how Seniors are suppose to respond. it's not always about stats... They need to play smart plays and decisions regularly. first game was just pure trash ball... Tonight was a harmonious orchestra performance on the neutral site

Comment

• I haven’t seen any comments about AM. He was on the bench but didn’t appear to be suited up. Injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      I haven’t seen any comments about AM. He was on the bench but didn’t appear to be suited up. Injury?
                      Concussion protocol

Comment

• Scott City getting raced by Andale, a Shox win...shaping up to be a good weekend sports wise. Now if the Chiefs would lose Sunday, and the NCAA would launch an investigation into KU Men’s Basketball, the weekend would be perfect!

Comment

Working...
                        X