Providence game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    Michael isn't the dumbest caller on the Shocker Locker Room show for once, enjoy this W Mikey.
    That guy was either a KU fan or his brain cells were completely zapped by the "pot".
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• MM took 19 shots and not one jumper off the dribble. Everything straight up and in the flow of the game.

Comment

• Recorded the game and it’s amazing what a little time and a few made shots will do for a team. Good win, McDuffie showed up..post play much better. Udeze and Echenique outplayed the Providence bigs. Good first half and final 5 minutes for SHJ and I feel our group of newbies as a whole played with more poise and confidence. Long way to go, turnovers and free throw shooting will need to improve, but this is a step in the right direction. Proud of our team, they showed some fight tonight. Also glad to see some zone mixed in, I know coach isn’t too keen playing it but I thought it was used just enough!

Comment

• Where can I find a recording of the game? Anyone have a line on that?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            I can hook you up with a 360p copy if a nice one doesn’t exist.

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Found out where one was taped that I can watch if all else fails.

• Didn’t get to watch the game because work. Hell, barely got to track the score. Great win though.

Any takeaways for those of us who don’t get local Kansas news. Box scores can be deceiving.

Comment

• Going to be a jekyl and hyde year. kudos to MM and SHJ offensively. it was a TEAM win though.
            VERY encouraged by the center play but don't forget AM's defense going forward. Udeze was a
            huge surprise - really played under control. already a man. JB and ES not always pretty but SOLID !
            Was most impressed by the defense after the first nine ugly minutes and Udeze. Have to give 3G
            credit, as well. Can't wait for the next game to see which team shows up. Great win tonight vs a
            very good big east team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
              Didn’t get to watch the game because work. Hell, barely got to track the score. Great win though.

Any takeaways for those of us who don’t get local Kansas news. Box scores can be deceiving.
              Go back through this thread ... pretty enlightening on how it progressed.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I heard some curiously passive/aggressive phone calls tonight. Odd.

Comment

• The Locker Room show was unlistenable when we won almost every game—can’t imagine what it is like now

Comment

• So happy for the guys and Coach!!! Was not anticipating this win. Great confidence builder for our guys!!!!!

Go Shocks!!!!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• As I said on the pre-game thread, I never bet against the Shocks. What I saw the first game is not indicative of what the team will look like at the end of the season, nor was tonight. Great college basketball game after a 9-10 minute warm up. Lots of back and forth, switching defenses, and just getting enough done and hitting enough shots against what is probably considered a better and definitely a more seasoned group of players at Providence. Great jobs guys. :poster_shocks:

Comment

• I'm happy to eat crow about the Seniors play in tonight's game... This is how Seniors are suppose to play...

Comment

• Can someone post a quick blurb on each player? Curious about how the boys look.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            [Expectations standing outside my door with a **** eating grin and a 30 pack]

Me: "No, go away!! I don't care if you have beer! I told you I didn't want to see you this year, and I MEAN IT!!"
                            Post of the week!
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Great win! That should be a great building block to build on. Having Burton, Dennis, and Stevenson in the backcourt for years to come is very exciting. Jaime and Morris both provided some much needed interior power.

McDuffie did a better job of not forcing shots tonight. He only took a few that I saw that were forced. SHJ trying to go ISO every other time he touches the ball needs to stop.

Still think people need to keep the expectations dialed down some. McDuffe and and SHJ going 9-15 from 3 is not going to happen every night. They shoot a respectful 40% and we lose this game. I’d say we are currently not as bad as we looked Tuesday or as good as we looked today.

Overall, stupid plays were down and we looked much improved. Watching the teams growth this year will be quite fun.
                              Last edited by Jhook89; November 10, 2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X