Providence game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM twice had 26 according to Kennedy.
    Great win! Great surprise after that loss.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Would it be possible for Stevenson or Burton to lead this team in rebounding this year? They are consistently good.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Man, if Teddy gets approved, I'll be really excited. I hope we don't need McDuff to go for 30 to squeeze out wins vs good competition, but how can I be negative right now, this win is awesome. Really happy for the team because it seemed like they took the LA Tech loss hard because they felt like they let us fans down. What a roller coaster of a week, this year is going to be bonkers.

Comment

• Great win! We can't get too high after a win or too low after a loss as fans. There's going to be plenty more wtf moments before this year is over, and some great wins too . That being said, that win was more satisfying to me as a fan than any win last year, and I don't mean that as a knock on last year's team.

Comment

• Very good win tonight!!! Nice bounce back youngins!!!! And who was that McDuffie kid out there??? Lol. :)

Something to really build on!!!!

FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Way to go Shocks !!! Markis was awesome. If we don't have all of those silly turnovers - this would have been a blow out.

Comment

• Nice win for the Shocks. Progress not perfection (although we’ll all take it) is my expectation for this young crew.

Go Shocks!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Wow. Didn't get to watch the game, but the box score...what a win and bounce back from the opening loss.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• FYI, Shamet on NBATV right now.

Comment

• At the end of his sophomore year, this was the McDuffie I thought we'd see by the time he was a senior. Post-game he said that they realized they were too soft after the LaTech game, and they needed to be tougher.

Keep getting tougher, Markis. Step on some necks.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• bunck
                        bunck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He definitely played much more to his strengths tonight.

• Betting FOR or AGAINST this team is just plain stupid. Next year or maybe at the end of this year, one may be able to predict upcoming really good performances but at this time there will be days where the very good Shockers show up and other days where the bad Shockers show up. Add to that inconsistencies during any game and I it may be too much for my heart.

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Providence Friars NCAAM game from November 9, 2018 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Baaaaa, no minutes yet

Comment

• Hearing MM say "I felt like we played Wichita State basketball today" was awesome. I hope he has an awesome story to tell after this year.

Comment

• Also, Udeze was a good surprise. Both he and Echenique played good games.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• MM was ridiculous!!! Jones played great in first half then looked out of control in the second. ES, JB, JE and MU are going to be a problem for the competition as the season goes. Great win and they finished the win!!!

Now the bad... from my eyes

We can't count on This kind of night from MM for even half the games. I don't think he is consistent enough. I would like to see the press handled better. They look scared and set themselves up to be trapped to much. Silly turnovers. FREE THROWS FREE THROW FREE THROWS!!! PC shooting 50% saved us.

Finally, the turnaround GGG did with this team from 3 days ago, is why he is one of, if not the best coach
                              Last edited by Kashman; November 9, 2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X