Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by top20shock View Post
    Shocks can win this game
    I don't think Providence is as good as their last year or two. The game is at a neutral site. But this is gonna be a step up from Louisiana Tech at home.

Based on what we saw, I just don't see any way how this one is winnable. It would almost have to mean a complete 180 in 4 days. I'd say the odds of that are low. I would call this a moral victory if we keep it under 20. With our free throw shooting and senior roles not likely changing yet, that's just the most realistic scenario.

My guess is the line opens up at about Providence -16.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IndianaShocker
      IndianaShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      No way. Somewhere between -6 & -8

I'm just hoping we don't have a replay of the mauling scene from The Revenant.

This might have been a good year to take a page out of the Tim Jankovich school of scheduling.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

After one bad game I’m still very optimistic.

Shockers: 73
      The Bad Guys: 68

Now granted if we play like we did Tuesday we could lose by 20... hoping that doesn’t happen!
      Shocker Alumni
      Shocker Club Soccer alumni
      Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

I don't like picking against the Shocks. Offensive explosion for WSU 60, Divine Providence 55.

Comment

Our guys had a tough time keeping anyone in front of them on the defensive end last night. This is going to be tough for awhile.

Comment

We played 28 lineups with the longest being 4.5 minutes and only three over two minutes. Tough to achieve efficient communication on either end of the floor.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Shox are gonna beatch slap ‘em.
              Hungry and angry!

Comment

Starting Lineup

Hope
                G - Burton
                G - Stevenson
                G - Dennis
                F - Morris
                F - Jamie

Likely
                G - SHJ
                G - Torres
                G - Burton
                F - Markis
                C - AM
                The Assman

Comment

80-59.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Shockers +18.5.

Hope that's wrong, but that display Tuesday night looked eerily like the 90's. Just one game, I realize.

Comment

• pinstripers
                      pinstripers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is that real?

• im4wsu
                      im4wsu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pin, KenPom has 71-74 with a 40% win chance.
                      RealTinme has it a ten point margin.

• ShockingButTrue
                      ShockingButTrue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, that's an authentic chicken.

The point spread is mine unfortunately. Just based on what I saw the other day.

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                    No Chance Moore in any of today's pictures in DC. Odd. Maybe he's sick or something.
                    You know, it's funny you bring that up, and MAYBE IT'S NOTHING, but I thought his body language was odd Tuesday...almost pouty... hope I'm wrong....

Comment

• Shocker1388
                      Shocker1388 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Relax guys.. chance is there with the team. I follow him on IG and his stories show that he is there with the team. Must of been in the restroom or something

• AndShock
                      AndShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Someone had to take the picture.

I find it amazing that we are only 271st nationally in free throw shooting. So there’s that.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                      No Chance Moore in any of today's pictures in DC. Odd. Maybe he's sick or something.
                      He’s there
                      The Assman

Comment

My prediction is that we will get a nice tour of the Naval Academy.

Comment

Have to face reality. We are not very good. The first 20 games are going to be hard to watch in which we
                          only win 5 or 6. By that time, maybe sooner, our two seniors are either going to start playing like accomplished
                          seniors or they will be on the end of the bench. I've reduced my expectations from 18 W's to 12 but adding TA
                          could make it more like 15. The only way we reach 18 is with TA and the seniors playing above their heads and
                          soon. One note on AM. Had he taken a step and dunked that one bad play everyone would be saying he
                          played really well. His defense was really pretty good and JE had a nice game. Things could improve if we get
                          some decent center play. A lot of potential upside but it will take some time. Not there yet though so we lose 84-65.
                          SHJ facing big guards so he really needs to use his quickness to beat his man and then his head to find the open
                          one. Has to do THAT to help this team. MM needs to focus on D and and getting us 8-9 rebounds.........at least.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                            Bluzrover commented
                            Editing a comment
                            IF SHJ would recognize he has four teammates on the court when he drives and can pass to one of them, preferably the Big that is open because his defender left him to swat the sh#t out of SHJ, then yes, use that quickness. But for Pete's sake, learn how to dish the ball Samajae.
                        Working...
                        X