The most difficult part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most difficult part

The most difficult part about this season is going to be that we finally rid ourselves of the MVC and we only got 1 year to really enjoy that effect before this debacle happened.. I felt like last year we played well but we also found out what kind of athletes we need for the AAC and that vibe may have set in on all those players that transferred as well. Now it's just a matter of how loyal us fans can be and how quickly 3G can bounce back.

Oh, I'll ALWAYS be loyal! I've sat through too many really bad seasons to have last night challenge my religion. But, I'll always have an opinion, and sometimes that may not be positive. I do believe we will be a much better team come Jan/Feb. But it may to too little too late for this year.

Comment

If this class and next year's class don't quickly turn things around... the move could look pretty bad in retrospect... Gonzaga is never going to be at Creighton level or worse.... Likewise, WSU was not going to backslide in the MVC with the current resource advantage... we don't have that type of advantage in the AAC so we have to bring it - soon

Comment

• WuShock16
        WuShock16 commented
        Editing a comment
        We weren't going to backslide in the Valley but we also sure as hell weren't going to improve on a national level. I was pretty sick of 25-30 win seasons that put us on the bubble if we didn't win the Valley Tournament.

We likely will never dominate the American (can we PLEASE stop saying AAC?) like we dominated the Valley, but that's okay. When we do win conference titles in the American, it will mean a lot more than some of those last Valley titles.

• N Crestway
        N Crestway commented
        Editing a comment
        Kudos to proshox...takes guts to be the Devil's Advocate.

Staying in the MVC would have not prevented us from losing to LA tech. We would have just lost worse because our freshmen wouldn't have been as good.

Comment

In 5 years, we will be back in the midst of another NCAA streak. Im very confident in that. This class is good. The problem is that we had to take it out of the oven before it had time to get done. But it will eventually digest all the same after we choke it down a little on the raw side.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Our/my hope is that we continue to improve, expose ourselves to our weaknesses early. Perhaps get a taste of some success, then be ready and focus on conference play.

I truly hope that we can be a team in March where perhaps we can find a spark and rideva youth wave to a miraculous AAC tournament win.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Maybe Im just dreaming.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• 60Shock
            60Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            You are! Buy never stop dreaming.

Originally posted by proshox View Post
          If this class and next year's class don't quickly turn things around... the move could look pretty bad in retrospect... Gonzaga is never going to be at Creighton level or worse.... Likewise, WSU was not going to backslide in the MVC with the current resource advantage... we don't have that type of advantage in the AAC so we have to bring it - soon
          There you go again with the Twilight Zone logic. Floors and ceilings changed, as did access to recruits. There's no way moving from the MVC to the AAC could be surmised as a net negative, at least with the current membership of both conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
            Are you ****ing kidding me? It was one freaking game with 10 newcomers and 2 seniors playing below freshmen level. If you’re panicking like this after 1 game and don’t see the big picture, you need to hop down below and follow a Valley team from here on out. Getting out of the Valley was the best thing to ever happen to us.

You sure weren’t complying last year, when we rolled through this conference, one basket away from winning it, all with Valley players
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              BS - I pointed out the fact that WSU’s rise to national prominence had an inverse relationship to the fall of the MVC. The ability to get tested in the non-conference, followed by becoming a well oiled machine in the MVC worked for us.

I am way more excited about playing in the American, but the odds of going to the tournament every year are reduced IMO. I hope we have our cake and eat it too, but this was not a risk free move....

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Our/my hope is that we continue to improve, expose ourselves to our weaknesses early. Perhaps get a taste of some success, then be ready and focus on conference play.

I truly hope that we can be a team in March where perhaps we can find a spark and rideva youth wave to a miraculous AAC tournament win.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Maybe Im just dreaming.
            7bbedb3e307bc7a4cf678957f91eb3ffb91706b76b286c7ae80209ad809befe8.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              You sure weren’t complying last year, when we rolled through this conference, one basket away from winning it, all with Valley players
              Oh no... proshox had the exact same tagent last year. This is a Groundhog Day (Bill Murray movie, not the actual day) moment on SN.

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!!! I want to be wrong.

I will continue to schedule my calendar around the Shocker MBV TV appearances. Now, my daughter is a different story, she cannot stand one bad posssession, either offence or defence. She is unhappy if WSU does not score or every possession. She is unhappy when the other team scores. She cut out early Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Oh no... proshox had the exact same tagent last year. This is a Groundhog Day (Bill Murray movie, not the actual day) moment on SN.
                Should I resurrect my poll from last year?

Comment

Working...
                X