Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
    "That story will likely never be talked about on SN"

well where can one one go to get the story?
    You can go here: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...s-transferring

There are a plethora of stories to chose from. Take your pick as to which one you like the best although there is no assurance that any of them are accurate.

Comment

• Keyser got his ass burned on so many defensive possessions last year I could hear his ankles break on the broadcast.

He had 5-star enthusiasm, 4-star athleticism, but 2-star skill. He wouldn't have added much, if anything, to a rebuilding year. We'd still suck, only ever-so-slightly less. His minutes are better served by a freshman who's got 3 years ahead of him.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Crazy we end up in a situation (last year) with that many seniors. The losing Landry and Austin was the real kick in the gut.

That said...like Burton....like Stevenson...like the guys coming in 19'

hopefully Burton and Stevenson won't transfer! lol

Comment

• Seems like I'd like to see more of Chance and Poo Bear, and I've seen plenty of AM, Torres, and Brown

Comment

• Taylor's report card out. Only 3 players scored above average (6.0) - Stevenson, Echenique and Burton.

Comment

• My disappointment still ONLY lies with the seniors. Newcomers are not gonna immediately replace good quality experience that we had last year. I didn't figure we would get much from AM anyway.

With the newcomers I am mostly happy. Some are better than others right now, sure. But so far they all play pretty hard and you can definitely see the talent in most of them. The skill will be developed. So I can be patient with them.

With McDuffie and Samajae I dont have as much patience. Especially McDuffie. Beating a dead horse, but he has GOT to find a way to contribute positively for us to have even a decent season.

I think losing Lomax late really hit us hard too. Sure, you never know what you will get throwing a true Freshman PG out there. But he is exactly what this team needs...a PG that can get others involved. Losing him had the staff scrambling. They did the best they could. But you dont lose your #1 recruit that late and just go find someone equal.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s nice to read measured context sensitive posts amongst all the hot takery and overreaction. Thanks to you and everyone else providing them.

• This sounds like a re-writing of history. As I recall, he was playing good basketball at the end of the year. He then decided that he didn't wish to return (I'm sure that he was told some things that needed to change regarding his suspension earlier in the year, and other time spent in the doghouse). He decided he didn't want to return and his scholarship wasn't taken away. Then later, he decided he had changed his mind, after we had signed Dennis, Burton, Torres, Teddy, and Udeze (in addition to early signees Echineque, Chandler, Moore, etc.) and he was then told, his scholarship had already been given to someone else. He did find a home at a low Div. 1 school North Carolina Central.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                Keyser earned his way into the rotation a couple of times last year with very, very good players on the team.

Of course he would help. Did you see that last night???

Last year when I heard Keyser was leaving, I knew SHJ wasn't and I got sick feeling in my gut.
                Way more complicated than that, Mr first 11 posts after a loss guy.

Comment

• "Mr first 11 posts after a loss guy"

sorry I wanted to participate.

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I expect Volleyball and the two basketball teams will rebound
                    I expected it, too. Didn't see enough rebounds last night. ;-)

Comment

• #FireMarshall

:devilish:

Comment

• A player's individual efficiency number (what you might see on a stat sheet as EFF) comes from adding up points scored + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - missed shots (including free throws) - turnovers to get a players rating. This metric is usually more favorable to more offensive minded players as there aren't many points picked up from playing D.
                        2018_11_7_13_24_17~2.png

Comment

• I think this year's going to be a learning experience not only for the team, but for the fans as well. When was the last time people were streaming for the door with 3 minutes left in a game that we were losing and not blowing somebody out. Yes, some of last night was frankly embarrassing to watch. We fans are suddenly experiencing something we haven't in quite some time

That being said, I sincerely hope that the team is walking around today trying to wrap their head around what happened yesterday. All of them came from winning pedigrees and I'm sure all joined the team to carry on the winning tradition, on a national stage, that Wichita State has become. I'm guessing last night was embarrassing for them and how they react is going to be key. This holds true even more for MM and SHJ. Odds are that they are going into practice today with a whole new mindset and have learned what it will take to be successful. Normally this is learned through the seasoned leaders on the team as soon as they arrived during the summer playing pickup ball. Not sure that occurred this year.

I know that I as a fan need to be more patient with this team. It's hard, but I will drive myself nuts if I don't. My gut tells me that we are going to see a completely different team come Friday. This team will come back in a couple of days with the drive in hunger we've all become accustomed to.

This. Team. Will. Not. Settle.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                            Stickboy46 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think I saw that Erik said something to the effect that they were embarrassed by last night. They don't want to be the team that breaks the tourney streak.

Edit:. https://twitter.com/sunflowernews/st...605955072?s=21
                            Last edited by Stickboy46; November 7, 2018, 02:03 PM.

• pinstripers
                            pinstripers commented
                            Editing a comment
                            didn't learn a damn thing from Catawba, but this time the light came on, huh?

• Those bigs last night (minus Echenique) made losing Rauno Nurger feel like we lost Anthony Davis

Comment

• Stickboy46
                            Stickboy46 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nurger was pretty dang bad as a freshman too...

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          I think this year's going to be a learning experience not only for the team, but for the fans as well. When was the last time people were streaming for the door with 3 minutes left in a game that we were losing and not blowing somebody out. Yes, some of last night was frankly embarrassing to watch. We fans are suddenly experiencing something we haven't in quite some time

That being said, I sincerely hope that the team is walking around today trying to wrap their head around what happened yesterday. All of them came from winning pedigrees and I'm sure all joined the team to carry on the winning tradition, on a national stage, that Wichita State has become. I'm guessing last night was embarrassing for them and how they react is going to be key. This holds true even more for MM and SHJ. Odds are that they are going into practice today with a whole new mindset and have learned what it will take to be successful. Normally this is learned through the seasoned leaders on the team as soon as they arrived during the summer playing pickup ball. Not sure that occurred this year.

I know that I as a fan need to be more patient with this team. It's hard, but I will drive myself nuts if I don't. My gut tells me that we are going to see a completely different team come Friday. This team will come back in a couple of days with the drive in hunger we've all become accustomed to.

This. Team. Will. Not. Settle.
                          Hope your right.

3G probably feels a little like this right now:

Hopefully, we are not that close to a major breach but we do have some holes to plug. Getting Teddy eligible could perhaps plug one of the holes for 3G A good rebounding game against Providence would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                          X